1864 Danish

Started by Bunny, 18 February 2018, 08:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunny

Hi Guys,

having looked at many of the picture on the InterWeb would it be ok to use ACW, kepi wearing figures as the standard Danish troops?

Thanks

fsn

https://pendraken.co.uk/19th-century/europe/1st-schleswig-holstein-war/danish/

Hi Bunny.

Not my period (as I seem to say so often), but would the 1848 Danish be closer?

In answer to your question - "it depends upon what you're willing to accept". Having done a cursory sweep of the web, I think the ACW is pretty close.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Bunny

Quote from: fsn on 18 February 2018, 08:28:31 AM
https://pendraken.co.uk/19th-century/europe/1st-schleswig-holstein-war/danish/

Hi Bunny.

Not my period (as I seem to say so often), but would the 1848 Danish be closer?

In answer to your question - "it depends upon what you're willing to accept". Having done a cursory sweep of the web, I think the ACW is pretty close.

Thanks, I think they would fit ok

Leman

Is this a money saving exercise or are you unaware of the Pendraken 1864 Danish range?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Bunny

Quote from: Leman on 18 February 2018, 12:20:08 PM
Is this a money saving exercise or are you unaware of the Pendraken 1864 Danish range?

Yes I know they do the range but I have a heap of 10mm ACW in kepi that I need to use as my group is doing ACW in 15mm

Leman

One can only wonder why when there are at least four excellent 10mm ranges available and some superb 10mm and 6mm ACW terrain and buildings available. Perhaps, like me, they started the core of their collections in the 80s. I'd continue to pursue the 10mm route as the resulting battlefields look far more convincing in 10mm even with 6mm buildings - and as Carlos Briz has shown, you can just about get away with using the Peter Pig ships as well for some combined operations.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

sunjester

I've gone down the 10mm route for ACW even though the 'accepted' scale at the club is 15mm (except for the bunch of them who are doing it in 28mm!).

I think it looks better, besides it did not seem worth putting 15mm armies together as, between half a dozen or so members,  the club could almost field Pickett's Charge in 1:1 scale.