BKC II - suggested amendments?

Started by Big Insect, 15 February 2018, 05:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Insect

I am looking to compile a list of errata and changes that more experienced BKC players might have had with regard to BKCII please.

Looking back through the House Rules thread I can spot a few, but I am interested in collating these so that I can play-test some of them.
If any of you on this forum would be so kind as to give me a brief synopses of the changes (ideally with a Page reference in the rules) that would be hugely appreciated.

I am aware we are all moving on-to BKC III but this is a 'project'  :D

Many thanks

Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Techno

Hi, Mark.

Sorry......I can't help at all with your query  :(
But, as that was your first post....A very warm welcome to the forum. :)

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

Welcome on board Mark. When I get a moment I'll try and jot down our house rules.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Big Insect

Thank you all - for that warm welcome  :D

I play a fair bit of CWC and FWC - as others from the old SMP forums will no-doubt remember.
I'm just dusting down my BKC II books after having finally given up on Flames of War (v.4 was the final straw for me). So I have a host of 15mm WW2 that needs a new rules set and as I enjoy CWC & FWC so very much, I thought I'd give BKC a try.

Cheers
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Who let you in .....

As to BKC III - I understand that it is now complete, and should be out soon.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

skywalker

Hi Big Insect, we at our club, Redcar Ironbeards play 15mm WW2 using Rapid Fire rules :-[ :-[ :D :D

Orcs

Welcome Mr Insect.

BKCll House rules for out club

Early war - Tanks can be supressed with HMGS as per BKC1
We have reduced cover values for buildings

Wooden builings hit on 5+ no save
Brick and stone buildings Hit on 6 No save
Substantial Stone buildings, Dugout  Hit on 6 , 5+ save

Plunging fire from off table artillery +1 to hit 

Under discussion

Portees - these are incredibly vulnerable in normal rules,but they must have ben fairly effective as so much use was made of them. 

OUt thoughts are either - Allow them to move and fire in initiative phase or fire and move.  Or alow them to spend a command action preparing then counting them as having same hits for the equivalent dismounted gun   

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Big Insect

Thanks Orcs - much appreciated

We are looking at comparisons with BKCII and BKCIII to ensure that we havent missed any screamingly obvious and very good suggestions that can still potentially be play-tested and incorporated.

As to Ian .... I might ask you the same thing mate  ... I came over here to give myself a break from you  :'(  :d

Not a fan of Rapid Fire TBF. We have started playing BKC with 20mm toys (nice to get those old 1/72nd toys out again) and it seems - on the whole to be working very well.

More BKCII errata, house-rules  and suggestions hugely appreciated folks

Mr Insect  ;)

But CADET - Me Major General at least.....
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Dr Dave

We give towed AT guns a min of 4 hits.