French Brigade finished!

Started by MAgamer, 14 February 2018, 11:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAgamer

I had a long afternoon and this morning free and I managed to get three small (24fig) French battalions 5 skirmish bases and my French foot battery painted and based for Gd'A, which gives me my first French Brigade completed!! (I already had 2 standard battalions finished -32fig battalions).
This means I can soon have my second "learning game of the rules as my newly painted British Brigade will be trying to slow down the advancing French until the Cavalry/Artillery arrives to cover the continuing retreat after the first "games" loss.
That will come later, for now here are some pics of the Brigade in all its glory. . .
https://flickr.com/photos/154288364@N07/sets/72157691686613661
Thanks for looking, 60 French Light cav to paint and base and then I can get my next two brigades ordered. More French infantry, but do I go for Nausseurs or Brunswickers?
MA

Malbork

toxicpixie

Stirring stuff, vive l'emperor!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

petercooman

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

sunjester

The start of a nice looking army there.  ;)

Steve J

Nice work and look forward to seeing them in action 8).

ErHo

Inspiring!

Whats that flock youre using?
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

MAgamer

The flock is Army Painter Field Green Flock. I find it is bright enough and big enough to look more like overgrown grass on 10mm. I made the mistake with my 28mm collection of going too small and big coverage- looks a bit billiard table rather than muddy chopped up field. I like the effect on these though.

DFlynSqrl

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Bunny

Matt J

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!