BBC Troy

Started by SV52, 12 February 2018, 09:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanJ

It's just flat and boring, I can't even remember how many I've seen, definitely 1 and 2 and possibly 3, can any one help?  The last one I saw was Paris (nee Alexander) and Hector going off somewhere to get some tunnels opened to feed the city.  And I think Achilles turned up in Helen's bedroom but I can't remember how or why.

mollinary

I keep watching, hoping that the story will pick up when they get to the fight between Achilles and Hector. I think they got there on Saturday, but I don't remember, I think I might have fallen asleep.  It is so DISAPPOINTING!  The whole thing has an air of 'look at us, we are doing serious acting, in a period piece, aren't we great?'  And sadly, the answer is 'No' . :( :( :(

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 26 March 2018, 12:48:03 PM
That nice Mr Freud would have made some sort of comment, there.  :D

Cheers - Phil

=O =O =O =O =O
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

And normal service was resumed last night, I fell asleep, only to wake up, rewind, fast forward to the fight, still disappointed.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mollinary

I confess I felt a bit sorry for Achilles - it should have been the writers and director who got an arrow in the neck!  What a missed opportunity.
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Wasn't going to mention that, in case of spoilers!  ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Raider4

Quote from: mad lemmey on 01 April 2018, 12:45:53 PM
Wasn't going to mention that, in case of spoilers!  ;)

I think most people will probably be aware that neither Hector nor Achilles gets to live* happily ever after . . .

* Assuming that they are actually following the basic storyline. I stopped watching three weeks ago.

Dave

Quote from: Raider4 on 01 April 2018, 02:54:28 PM
I think most people will probably be aware that neither Hector nor Achilles gets to live* happily ever after . . .

* Assuming that they are actually following the basic storyline. I stopped watching three weeks ago.

I was hoping they would all die quickly >:( >:( >:( >:(

Westmarcher

Quote from: Dave on 09 April 2018, 12:15:53 PM
I was hoping they would all die quickly >:( >:( >:( >:(

Sorry to be the bearer of more bad news for viewers ........ the siege lasted 10 years.  #-o
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leman

Well at least Auntie Beeb  has made a very commendable job of The City and The City. Then again, it's rather nice to see Liverpool as one of the star players in the cast.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

toxicpixie

Ah, is it Liverpool? Some of the shots looked like Brum but not quite... yeah City & the City is good, enjoyed the episode and a half I've had the opportunity to catch :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leman

They had to do a bit of filming in Manchester, land of the bin dippers, but most outdoor locations seem to be Liverpool - St George's Hall, Lime Street Street Station Hotel, Underground car parks, the docks - both derelict and new development (Ul Qoma).

Dave Fielder

Is it over yet? Can we come out?
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Leman

28 May 2018, 09:57:57 AM #148 Last Edit: 28 May 2018, 09:59:51 AM by Leman
Troy is well over. After a promising start I failed to finish watching The City and the City as it just got too depressing.

Incidentally I recently read a very pithy article on how to make one's life a little brighter - stop listening to the Today programme!  :d

Techno

I see the lass that did the series "The eight (?) days that made Rome", is back with a series about Pompeii....I really enjoyed the 'Rome one'....so I'll be having a gander at this new offering.
Think it starts on Wednesday.

Cheers - Phil