BBC Troy

Started by SV52, 12 February 2018, 09:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Yeaaaah....But what's the right spelling in the context of....."I can't bear/bare do do 'X'." ?

We need to be told.....Otherwise I'm going to 'OIK' you.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil  ;)

mollinary

Quote from: Techno on 08 March 2018, 06:11:18 PM
Yeaaaah....But what's the right spelling in the context of....."I can't bear/bare do do 'X'." ?

We need to be told.....Otherwise I'm going to 'OIK' you.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil  ;)

Bear, as in to carry or support a burden , or as a noun, a nasty big hairy creature  that is  reputed to do unmentionable things in the woods...... or is that the Pope?

Bare, as in to show off, or uncover or, in describing a condition,  'naked'
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Grin and bEAr it gets a yEAy!
Grin and bare it and you're put away! :-)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Well, if you ignore all the other episodes, tonight's was bang on (well, apart from the first 15minutes, but you've got to get the Amazons in somewhere)!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

We gave up on it after episode 3. Simply awful :(

fsn

I had more fun waiting for the topcoat on my latest project to dry.

Yes, Troy, Fall of A City is less interesting than watching paint dry.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

If it's taken five hours to get anywhere near interesting I really can't be arsed, sorry :D

On the other hand I've watched a season and a half of Penny Dreadful and that's been fun. Quite silly, but fun. Also it has Eva Green & Helen McCrory in which can't hurt.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Techno

I'm confused.. :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o...Are you all saying this series was a pile of poop ?  ;)

(Not even bothered to watch a single episode......especially after everyone's less than complimentary comments.)  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

Raider4

Quote from: Steve J on 25 March 2018, 07:45:31 AM
We gave up on it after episode 3.

Exactly the same here.

Quote from: Steve J on 25 March 2018, 07:45:31 AM
Simply awful :(

I wouldn't go that far, but it was dreadfully dull.

Raider4

Quote from: toxicpixie on 25 March 2018, 09:33:14 AM
On the other hand I've watched a season and a half of Penny Dreadful and that's been fun. Quite silly, but fun. Also it has Eva Green & Helen McCrory in which can't hurt.

Ah, yes. I've seen only the first series. Quite watchable, but I spent the whole time thinking that this is what the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen should have been, rather than that pretty ropey movie.

toxicpixie

Yes, exactly - oddly enough that was very much my first thought!

I like that the plot is (so far) quite personal and didn't jump straight into massive world spanning Big damn heroes.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Orcs

I have watched episode 1 of Troy, and taped recorded the rest.  Is it worth keeping and watching when I gt the time, or should I just free up dik space by deleting it?
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

toxicpixie

Quote from: Orcs on 26 March 2018, 10:42:59 AM
I have watched episode 1 of Troy, and taped recorded the rest.  Is it worth keeping and watching when I gt the time, or should I just free up dik space by deleting it?

What did you record them on?! No, no, please don't answer that :D

I have to say I'd ditch them. Apparently halfway thru episode 5 there's a spark of interest but I can't face wading thru the rest to get there...

Techno

Quote from: Orcs on 26 March 2018, 10:42:59 AM
or should I just free up dik space by deleting it?

That nice Mr Freud would have made some sort of comment, there.  :D

Cheers - Phil