Trouble posting - database error

Started by Matt J, 08 February 2018, 03:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt J

Tried posting in my painting diary but won't let me - database error contact administrator.

HELP
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Leon

Not sure on that one, I've just posted a reply in there and it's worked OK?  Are you a phone or computer?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Matt J

Weird, I can post, but if I copy and paste a quote in it, it comes back as a database error
Beep

Leon

How are you bringing the quote in?  Through the clickable 'Quote' button next to the person's post, or a manual copy and paste, followed by a click on the quote button to insert the tags?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Matt J

Manual cut and paste followed by insert quote button
Beep

Leon

That's working OK for me here, I wonder if it's a browser issue?  Can you try it in a different browser? 

Also, if you can try using the Quote button next to someone's post and see if that has a different result?

GrumpyOldMan

Hi

Is it the apostrophes? just testing:-

QuoteHow are you bringing the quote in?  Through the clickable 'Quote' button next to the person's post, or a manual copy and paste, followed by a click on the quote button to insert the tags?

Edit - No that works ok??

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Matt J

Ok working fine now  ~X(

I tried several different browsers at work (same laptop) and no joy, got home, works fine....
Beep

GrumpyOldMan

I had some problems with cookies, try deleting the forum cookies on the offending machine.  :- :- :-/ :-/

Matt J

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 08 February 2018, 11:59:31 PM
I had some problems with cookies, try deleting the forum cookies on the offending machine.  :- :- :-/ :-/

Cookies? I know how to eat them...

I will google the process (I'll admit I'm not very IT literate)
Beep

Techno

YOU'RE not IT literate, Matt ?

(I'm going to phone Nobby this weekend, and see if he can help with what I'm ****ing up with this new sodding iPod.........Or I'll phone Apple again.  X_X )

I'm so happy...I've got to go to the hospital on Monday morning....Hopefully, so they'll finally sort my bladder out.

Cheers - Phil

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Matt J

Beep

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Thanks, Guys.

I've had 'this' done before, so I know it's nothing to worry about.
I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that this will finally sort a 'problem' I've been having for the past few weeks.

It's been p*ssing me off, (if you'll excuse the dreadful pun) rather than anything else.

Cheers - Phil