Started by Leon, 04 March 2018, 04:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Fenton

In regards to the 47mm ATG didn't the Hungarians use them during Barbarossa and I'm sure I read a lot were used on the Atlantic Wall. Maybe there is enough crossover for Pendraken to consider making one
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

John Cook

Quote from: FierceKitty on 05 March 2018, 11:38:53 PM
Buy some and you do make a practical contribution towards getting the rest made, I'd think. It's a process, and, given how big history is, could hardly be otherwise.

The thing is FK, I'm 71 and I want jam now, not tomorrow - I might not be here tomorrow :-)

John Cook

Quote from: Fenton on 06 March 2018, 06:34:23 AM
In regards to the 47mm ATG didn't the Hungarians use them during Barbarossa and I'm sure I read a lot were used on the Atlantic Wall. Maybe there is enough crossover for Pendraken to consider making one

Yes they did.  I'm not sure in what quantity.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Cant find any reference to Hungarian use of the 47mm. They had regimental AT companies which my sources show as having 16 37mm Bofors or later 50mm PaK 38. If they did indeed use the Belgium weapon I suspect it would fit in there.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ithoriel

Wikipedia believes the Hungarians had them too ... though whether you believe Wikipedia .....

"Hungary
Several hundred 47 mm guns were captured by the Germans after the battle of Belgium and donated to the Hungarians in 1940-1, to make up for their lack in anti-tank guns during Operation Barbarossa. Their use was limited however due to a lack of spare parts, while the armor penetrating capabilities of these guns had also been surpassed by the Soviet advances in tank construction. Most were relegated to training duties."

Description
The Hungarians received several Belgian anti-tank guns from the Germans. IIRC, the guns were quite effective for their caliber, but suffered from a fragile targeting system.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

Just to throw this out there, I didn't commission these Belgian vehicles, they just arrived one day... 

I'm a big fan of complete ranges myself, hence the ACW, WWII Polish, Aztecs, Brunswickers, etc and the upcoming 1860 Italians and Indian Mutiny ranges.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

Quote from: John Cook on 06 March 2018, 09:50:22 AM
The thing is FK, I'm 71 and I want jam now, not tomorrow - I might not be here tomorrow :-)

You have a point, I  can't deny it.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Dave

More will be coming, its easy to get the foot done quickly as against the vehicles.

Dave

petercooman

Quote from: Dave on 08 March 2018, 09:10:00 PM
More will be coming, its easy to get the foot done quickly as against the vehicles.

Dave

:D :D :D

Bit skint for the moment, but hoping i can get some of the vehicles around easter!

Ace of Spades

I'll definitely gonna get some too but first my Germans will have to defeat the Polish!
For my Chasseurs Ardennais I was actually considering using Germans as a basis with helmets cut off and replaced by barets. The short tunic and German type breadbag/waterbottle together with the ammopouches and Mauser rifle makes them a good starting point I think. The gasmask cannister has to be reworked into a Belgian type gasmaskbag and I need to find a solution for the BAR but for the rest I'm not too worried... yet. Then again; I only need a platoon or something with some AT-guns and vehicles for some delaying actions.

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

kabrank

Would be nice if a Vickers A1E1 "Independent" just turned up for the Interwar range!