Getting back into ACW

Started by old smokie, 05 February 2018, 06:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old smokie

I am getting back into ACW using the excellent 10mm Pendraken range of figures after a few years absence. I have played previously in 2mm, 6mm, 15mm, 1/72 and 28mm scales  :o

So any recommendations for rules, I have and have played Fire & Fury v 1 and v2, and want to try something different with the regiment being the basic unit and with base removal for casualties, I have looked at Bonnie Blue Flag any opinions on this set, anyone played it, your thoughts, also looked at Pickett's Charge rules as well.

So whats everyone playing at the moment

Dr Dave

Black Powder from Warlord Games, using the "Glory Hallelujah!" supplement. No removal of figures, looks great, feels right, 20 general army lists covering each year plus eastern and western theatres as well as specific lists for prestige formations like the Iron Brigade, Hood Divison etc...  it's all there.  ;)

Bunny

Quote from: Dr Dave on 05 February 2018, 08:17:38 PM
Black Powder from Warlord Games, using the "Glory Hallelujah!" supplement. No removal of figures, looks great, feels right, 20 general army lists covering each year plus eastern and western theatres as well as specific lists for prestige formations like the Iron Brigade, Hood Divison etc...  it's all there.  ;)

I support the Glory Hallelujah rules

FierceKitty

A Hundred Circling Camps. But I think a real blue-and-grey nut would find many serious holes in them; it's not a major period of mine.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Bunny

Old Smokie,

Hello Mate, I have a ton of 10mm ACW that I am off loading.  I am going to 15mm purely because I was gifted a load and my club play 15mm not 10mm.  I have b oth side, painted and unpainted.

Let me know if you are interested.

Womble67

I would also recommend Black Powder from Warlord Games, using the Glory Hallelujah Supplement.

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Likewise, Black Powder is good, but you will need the supplement for period colour.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

old smokie

thanks all  :)

I have the Glory Hallelujah Supplement on order

@ Bunny

depends what you have and what you want for them. I'm in the UK if that's any help