Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
27 May 2018, 09:06:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We've released a few Belgian vehicles!
253797 Posts in 15315 Topics by 2106 Members
Latest Member: Baliusd
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Wider Wargaming
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: mad lemmey, Techno)
| | |-+  Getting back into ACW
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Getting back into ACW  (Read 758 times)
old smokie
Major

« on: 05 February 2018, 06:42:52 PM »

I am getting back into ACW using the excellent 10mm Pendraken range of figures after a few years absence. I have played previously in 2mm, 6mm, 15mm, 1/72 and 28mm scales  Shocked

So any recommendations for rules, I have and have played Fire & Fury v 1 and v2, and want to try something different with the regiment being the basic unit and with base removal for casualties, I have looked at Bonnie Blue Flag any opinions on this set, anyone played it, your thoughts, also looked at Pickett's Charge rules as well.

So whats everyone playing at the moment
Dr Dave
Lieutenant

« Reply #1 on: 05 February 2018, 08:17:38 PM »

Black Powder from Warlord Games, using the “Glory Hallelujah!” supplement. No removal of figures, looks great, feels right, 20 general army lists covering each year plus eastern and western theatres as well as specific lists for prestige formations like the Iron Brigade, Hood Divison etc...  it’s all there.  Wink
Bunny
Lieutenant

« Reply #2 on: 11 February 2018, 10:19:49 AM »

Black Powder from Warlord Games, using the “Glory Hallelujah!” supplement. No removal of figures, looks great, feels right, 20 general army lists covering each year plus eastern and western theatres as well as specific lists for prestige formations like the Iron Brigade, Hood Divison etc...  it’s all there.  Wink

I support the Glory Hallelujah rules
FierceKitty
General

Down south of the border....

« Reply #3 on: 11 February 2018, 10:27:04 AM »

A Hundred Circling Camps. But I think a real blue-and-grey nut would find many serious holes in them; it's not a major period of mine.

My opponents never play well. I was unlucky/the rules are unfair/I was off form/I felt sorry for him and let him win....
Bunny
Lieutenant

« Reply #4 on: 11 February 2018, 10:32:56 AM »

Old Smokie,

Hello Mate, I have a ton of 10mm ACW that I am off loading.  I am going to 15mm purely because I was gifted a load and my club play 15mm not 10mm.  I have b oth side, painted and unpainted.

Let me know if you are interested.
Womble67
Brigadier

« Reply #5 on: 11 February 2018, 10:55:54 AM »

I would also recommend Black Powder from Warlord Games, using the Glory Hallelujah Supplement.

Take care

Andy

ianrs54
Playtester
Lieutenant General

« Reply #6 on: 11 February 2018, 11:24:54 AM »

Likewise, Black Powder is good, but you will need the supplement for period colour.

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF HURRAY
old smokie
Major

« Reply #7 on: 11 February 2018, 07:33:11 PM »

thanks all  Smiley

I have the Glory Hallelujah Supplement on order

@ Bunny

depends what you have and what you want for them. I'm in the UK if that's any help
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: