York wargame Show 2018 report

Started by Norm, 04 February 2018, 05:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Thanks for the report Norm, jealous of the UK shows
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Gwydion

Saw your post on The Wargames Website  - my favourite site along with Pendraken - and read your blog report.
Good one.
Nice to see the smaller scales being well represented at a show.
A lot seem to focus on 28mm at the moment - which seems weird to me -  love 10mm! :) (and 6mm).
Thanks for posting.

jimduncanuk

Good report Norm, poor health stopped me getting there.
My Ego forbids a signature.

Steve J

Thanks Norm and oh for more scale diversity!

Leon

Thanks for the report Norm, good to see you there!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Thanks Norm. I get to nearly no shows, your report allows me to live vicariously. The pics only add to this last bit.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Sandinista

I do miss the UK shows...

but not the weather  8)

Cheers
Ian

Techno

You're certainly missing it at the moment, Ian.

Phew.....What a scorcher freezer. (And it's only about -3C........I don't know how some of our friends around the world cope with the temperatures they have to deal with !)

Cheers - Chilly of Wales.

Poggle

24 Fahrenheit here in Toledo Ohio. A few inches of snow on the ground. A good day for browsing wargaming stuff online. 😊 I also miss the UK shows like Partizan and York. Fingers crossed we may be able to get over there this year in the warmer months, and take in a show.

petercooman

Quote from: Techno on 07 February 2018, 06:24:40 AM
You're certainly missing it at the moment, Ian.

Phew.....What a scorcher freezer. (And it's only about -3C........I don't know how some of our friends around the world cope with the temperatures they have to deal with !)

Cheers - Chilly of Wales.

We are at a confortable 1° today   ???

jimduncanuk

Don't know what the temperature was yesterday but I was out with my grandson in the local park. I had an extra thick jersey on, a scarf which I never wear and a full winter coat  and I was still freezing.

Made me stay in front of the living room fire for the rest of the day.
My Ego forbids a signature.