A new project

Started by Sandinista, 26 January 2018, 07:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandinista

I have just sent an order off to Pendraken HQ for lots of shiny 10mm goodies.

I have ordered a mixed bag of figures (320 foot and 90 cavalry) to put together a Venetian army (and allies) to face my Ottomans in the 6th & 7th Ottoman–Venetian Wars.

Lots of proxies of course, I am using figures from the Polish, Ottoman, 30 Years War, LOA ans SYW ranges. The scariest part of this is that I plan to paint all of it myself. Most of my 10mm armies to date have been painted by others, Adrian, Nathan and Mickey mainly. But my mojo has returned after completing my 15mm French and Wars of the Roses armies.

Once the figures arrive I will start posting progress pictures, to help spur me on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morean_War
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman%E2%80%93Venetian_War_(1714%E2%80%931718)

Cheers
Ian

Steve J

Well good luck with this project. It is certainly a new conflict to me, but should be colourful and interesting to follow your progress.

fsn

Sounds interesting.

Again, not a conflict I'm aware of. Seems a bit lop sided - the might of the Ottoman Empire against a bunch of gondoliers.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

GrumpyOldMan

Hi

People know how an obscure theatre/war tickles my fancy and this looks like a good one!!

Quote from: fsn on 26 January 2018, 08:44:00 AM
Sounds interesting.

Again, not a conflict I'm aware of. Seems a bit lop sided - the might of the Ottoman Empire against a bunch of gondoliers.

Fsn you have to remember that they didn't have antibiotics then so gondolier could be serious.....😁
Oh, you want me to pick a coat at random and leave.....

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Sandinista

Sounds interesting.

Venice taking advantage of the Ottoman Empire's little troubles with the Austrians and Russians

Cheers
Ian

Subedai

This looks like quite an interesting project.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

paulr

I'll be following with interest :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

Sounds interesting.

I don't know, Having been to Venice Gondoliers are quite good at ripping people off
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Sandinista

Well I have worked out on paper what the army will look like. This is my plan based on my current reading:

Foot:
Italian: 14 units - 8 Venetian regiments, 2 Maltese regiments, 1 Papal regiment, 1 Tuscan regiments, 2 units of marines
German: 6 units - 3 Hanoverians regiments, 3 Saxon regiments
Greek & Balkan irregulars: 3 units
Horse:
Italian: 5 units Venetian Cavalry, 3 units Venetian Dragoons
Greek & Balkan irregulars: 6 units

This may not be totally historically accurate, but it is designed to give some flexibility and variation in the games.

I have been busy designing the flags for this, all the Venetians are done. I couldn't find a lot of information on the internet so I based all upon the little I did find. Just the joy of waiting for the order to wing it's way to me in NZ now.

Cheers
Ian               

paulr

Quote from: Sandinista on 03 February 2018, 04:07:31 AM
... Just the joy of waiting for the order to wing it's way to me in NZ now...

Welcome to the 'club' ;) :-w
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

Missed this on posting!

Looks interesting - you've enough figures for a one to twenty ratio there. Wouldn't take much more to go one for one ;)

Look forward to the piccies!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Sandinista

Quote from: toxicpixie on 17 February 2018, 06:28:30 PM
Looks interesting - you've enough figures for a one to twenty ratio there. Wouldn't take much more to go one for one ;)

Lorna would divorce me  ;D ;D

I have just finished designing all the flags and Leon has emailed to say he has posted the package off  :D

With a bit of luck, by the time I have settled into Pukekohe they should have arrived.

Cheers
Ian

toxicpixie

That'll be a nice house warming pressie :)

You can probably slip a few packages in under cover of the house move :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting