Last Hussar's rule of army size

Started by Last Hussar, 14 November 2010, 04:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Hussar

As explained to Sunjester.

You know what it's like.  "I just need 1 more unit... oh and they are nice, and I suppose those would come in handy..."

I will be setting a limit.  1 Very Useful Box per army.  If you don't know these are plastic boxes the best ones for gaming are the A4/Foolscap size  ones that hold trays of 15 compartments (3x5). Each compartment is 60mm square, and deep enough for a Pendraken WSS mounted standard Bearer (Leon, get your measure out).  The boxes come in 2 and 4 tray sizes (Argos has the 4 tray ones for only £12).

So the 2 tray one I have for WSS.  
Top tray - 15 units, based on 20mm square, with room for 3 casualty markers.

Bottom tray
4 Cav regts (Each with 2 wound markers) in 8 compartments (25mm bases)
4 generals (with aides) on 30mm base - 1 compartment
1 Army General on 60mm base (because of the Carriage) 1 Compartment
4 cannon, each with 1 base for firing and one for limbered on 30 x 60mm 4 compartments
Artillery Casualty markers - 4 x 30mm square.

Papers under the bottom tray.

Thats it.  That is enough for  a reasonable BP game - I know this is heresy, but THAT ARMY WILL BE FINISHED. So instead of buying MORE WSS, because they won't fit I will be able to get another army instead.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

kustenjaeger

Greetings

Already with you on the Really Useful Boxes.  I haven't come across the 4 tray size  I'll have to have a look. 

I've also got plastic boxes (I'll have to look up the maker) which work very well for 10mm of all eras.  Unfortunately I'll need more after next weekend when I pick up some 10mm SYW French and some 10mm WW2 British/Italians/Germans ...

Regards

Edward

sunjester

Cop out! ;)

When the two-tray box is full, time to move up to a four-tray box!!! ;D

Last Hussar

No- One army per box.

If at some point I need a four tray box for Prussians, and a four tray box for Austrians, then that is still sticking to the rule...
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry