Campaign 2018

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 20 January 2018, 09:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

It is with relief we can finally announce Campaign 2018 will be on 12-13 May.p, Middleton Hall, Milton Keynes.
Hope to see some of you there.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

There appears to be a story behind that post, I'm not sure if we want to hear it or not :-\

I hope the rest of the organising goes more smoothly ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Oh, after 20 years in the same venue, the centre management each year mess us around, then the Owners come down on our side. Eventually...
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

rangerdad

It may be just the website not updated, but the traders list is looking a bit sparse this year ?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Definitely not been updated (especially as we lost it for a few weeks)! Our noble dictator for life rarely lets us mortals play!

Last Hussar

I intend to go tomorrow. If you see me please introduce yourself. I'll be easy to spot, as I'll be the only wargamer who is the recommended weight for his height (68 kg, 175cm), wearing freshly laundered clothes and not in need of a haircut and shave.

I'll also be wearing a waistcoat, which will probably differentiate me from the hoi polloi.
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Orcs

Quote from: Last Hussar on 11 May 2018, 08:54:17 PM
. I'll be easy to spot, as I'll be the only wargamer who is the recommended weight for his height (68 kg, 175cm),

ie not a Proper Wargamer  :D

Quote from: Last Hussar on 11 May 2018, 08:54:17 PM
I'll also be wearing a waistcoat, which will probably differentiate me from the hoi polloi.

No you will just be hoi polloi in a waistcoat  :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Orcs

Unfortunately I will not be there as I am on nights. :(

I am the correct weight and shape for a "Proper Wargamer"

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Be good to see you, I'll be there, playing MeG. And I'm the perfect weight for someone who is 8,9".

Pity I'm only 5'10".

Don't expect much, we are rather down on competition and traders, but a good set of demo games, especially from our twin (actually, mor3 like over excited nephew) club of Northants Wargames

Steve J

Hope you have a good weekends gaming and if you have the time, take some pics.

Last Hussar

On the bus, just left Aylesbury!

GNU PTerry

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Must have missed you.

Last Hussar

I didn't catch the pigeon, but I did make two other players crash into each other.

GNU PTerry

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Superb! Someone yesterday had a mountain pounce on them too!

Subedai

Waistcoats are what all self-respecting wargamers should wear...accompanied by a fob watch of course just to finish off the ensemble.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!