My New Project for 2018

Started by bigjackmac, 16 January 2018, 01:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

I'll admit there is a bit of resemblance; if only I'd have put some recoiless rifles on the jeeps ;)

V/R,
Jack

Matt J

Also I'm sure us Brits would have sent a few squadrons of Centurions to help beat back the Commies  ;)
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

bigjackmac

Sorry, Matt, I think in this story you Brits have been nuked.  I can't see any other way; as you mentioned, you guys wouldn't just be sitting it out.  =)

V/R,
Jack

petercooman

Quote from: bigjackmac on 17 January 2018, 04:38:49 PM
Sorry, Matt, I think in this story you Brits have been nuked.  I can't see any other way; as you mentioned, you guys wouldn't just be sitting it out.  =)

V/R,
Jack

Naval blockade? Then you Can have them come to your aid when needed 😁

bigjackmac

All,

The Soviets are prepped!!

The whole mess.  Check the blog for more pics:
http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2018/01/and-their-soviet-counterparts.html

A naval blockade of the UK, Peter???  By the Soviets??? We have to have some limits! ;)

V/R,
Jack

petercooman

Maybe the nukes decimated the harbors?  :D

pierre the shy

18 January 2018, 07:50:16 AM #21 Last Edit: 18 January 2018, 08:58:53 AM by pierre the shy
Quote from: Matt J on 17 January 2018, 03:41:43 PM
Also I'm sure us Brits would have sent a few squadrons of Centurions to help beat back the Commies  ;)

The British Army had a OPFOR Training Facility at Suffiield in Canada in the 70's and 80s - they had a couple of squadrons of British kit based there?

Chieftains rather than Centurions IIRC.......but who can complain about that?  ;)

Have to obtain them from another source in 10mm though.

Actually its still operational:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Army_Training_Unit_Suffield

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

fsn

Quote from: pierre the shy on 18 January 2018, 07:50:16 AM
Chieftains rather than Centurions IIRC.......but who can complain about that?  ;)
*Ahem*
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

pierre the shy

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Jesus

2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

toxicpixie

Quote from: bigjackmac on 17 January 2018, 04:38:49 PM

V/R,
Jack

If the paranoid fantasies of MI5, Old Etonians and Special Branch had actually been true Britain might well be in the throes of a change over to a glorious United Soviet Republic ;)

Perhaps the CIA's "strategy of tension" got a bit carried away and instead of a paper tiger to point to as a threat, they actually got a full blown insurrection! Same might go for the rest of Euro-NATO, especially Italy, or perhaps Gaullist France has nobbled the NATO response trusting to her nukes to keep back the Soviets and create a new Frankish Empire in Europe?
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

bigjackmac

All,

Tonight I got all the infantry from my Pendraken Cold War project cleaned up and prepped for priming, here are some pics, but they're not totally ready.  I'll explain below...  In any case, I really need some warm weather so I can get everything spray primed.  I apologize, it's tough to see detail in the photos since these are bare metal, but I wanted to share.

Here's the whole mess, Soviets on the left, Americans on the right.  To see more pics, please check the blog at:
http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2018/01/and-now-for-some-crunchies.html

Don't worry, TP, I'll have the Brits get nuked rather than turn Commie ;)

Now I just need some warm weather...

V/R,
Jack

toxicpixie

S'all right, either way works. Doesn't even need to be full Communist, just say the US went a bit heavy handed over the Marshall Plan/Lend-Lease repayments, replacing colonial possessions and interfering in elections, and Europe's decided to attempt to return to the good olds days :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Matt J

It's it's red or dead I'll back mutha Russia!

Looking good Jack
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Womble67

Coming on nicely

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook