My New Project for 2018

Started by bigjackmac, 16 January 2018, 01:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

bigjackmac

Thanks Will and FSN, I appreciate it!

I'm about to post the final pics, but I'm doing it in its own thread over in the "Genre/Period Discussion-20th Century" board.

V/R,
Jack

bigjackmac

All,

No games this weekend, but I've made some progress on a couple projects, though neither are ready for the table.  In any case, I'm waiting for the Super Bowl to start and figured I'd post an update.

Yep, there's my progress.  My Soviet aircraft for Wolverines, and, because I have utterly no self control, another new project...  If you want to see what's in the box, you're gonna have to check the blog:
http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2018/02/some-progress-but-not-there-yet.html

These new projects have got to stop.  Or at least slow down.  Right?  I need help; hello, my name is Jack, and I'm a wargame-aholic...

V/R,
Jack

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

bigjackmac

Techno

Look forward to seeing those progress !

Cheers - Phil

bigjackmac

Nothing yet, Phil, hopefully this weekend!

I have been working on the Soviet aircraft, and I'm having a helluva time...

V/R,
Jack

toxicpixie

Is the paint not working now the bluetac is?! 
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

bigjackmac

Yeah, something like that.  Like I said, the Blue Tack worked, but the spray painted lines didn't look so great as I was running out of spray paint, and so I figured I'd brush on some paint to clean it up, but the yellow is having a really hard time covering, and I'm getting some really bad textures (ridges and brushstrokes)...

V/R,
Jack

toxicpixie

Ouch... shame the running out spray didn't just look a bit "feathery" and blend in! Yellow is an utter arse a lot of the time, just doesn't cover/pop well and then like you say you get terrible brush marks etc.

Good luck...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Matt J

Yep yellow is a ballache in any form and the paint seems to dry out 2x faster than any other colour.
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

bigjackmac

Yeah, running out of spray didn't feather, it polka dotted ;)
Which I couldn't see until I removed the Blue Tack...

It's okay, I don't need beautiful, just functional without being hideous...

V/R,
Jack