Matt - 2018 painting diary

Started by Matt J, 10 January 2018, 08:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Quote from: fred. on 07 February 2018, 08:53:41 PM
Wet palette sounds interesting - with mainly painting 28s at the minute an using small amounts of paint for highlights etc, it would help being able to go back to colours. Might have to look into it.

Really simple and cheap to try; an air tight sandwich container or similar, a paper towel and a piece of baking paper (not grease proof paper) and a little water is all you need
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Matt J

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Matt J

Beep

Matt J

Beep

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

Matt J

Beep

Matt J

QuoteI wish I had learned about wet palettes years ago, it has definitely made my painting much easier. One of the biggest pluses is that if you need to do a touch up the paint is already on your palette. The consistency of the paint is easier to maintain and I suspect I'm wasting much less, not having to put some more on the palette each time I need the colour

working now
Beep

Matt J

Apologies for my technofuzz intermission above.

Cheers guys

QuoteI think I like the battered looking Egyptian armour the best.

Yep loved doing the Egyptian armour, nice to do modern tanks, about twice the size of the WW2 ones!

Painting been a bit scratchy over last week but have started a human Bloodbowl team, applied some paint to some samples of Phil's excellent ancient Spanish range and assembled a mix of more modern armour (progress pics to follow).
Also managed to get some games in of Shadespire early in the week, so those minis may get a push up the queue!

Cheers
Matt
Beep

Techno

Sorry, Matt....I missed the awful painting job you've done on those figures/vehicles on the first page, because of the 'testing' on this page.

You just had to put down 'technofuzz'.....Nobby will make a meal out of that one.

Cheers - Phil. (Oh, all right..I lied..You've done a superb job on those !!) :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd

fsn

"Technofuzz"?

No. I got nothing.  :^o
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

I'll just keep waiting, shall I ?......You OIK !!  :-w :-w :-w :-w :-w

Cheers - Phil. (I'll do some 'Googling' later to see if I can guess what's going to get posted.)

Matt J

thanks Phil  :)

QuoteNobby will make a meal out of that one

Nobby eating Technofuzz....... :o

shall we not go there
Beep