Matt - 2018 painting diary

Started by Matt J, 10 January 2018, 08:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Really looking forward to seeing all of the above, Matt.  :)

Cheers - Phil

Matt J

Been busy the last few weeks assembling basing and priming a lot of post war kit

On the right is the start of the korean war stuff - US rifle company, Pershings, Chaffees, M3's, assorted other vehicles for website pics and several t34/85's to start the north koreans off. This lot is for early war with the initial north korean steamroller and then the break out from Pusan. At some point I'll be adding some Chinese and brits in winter kit for Imjin and maybe some winter US for Chosin.

The centre is the last of the vehicles and kit I need for US Vietnam forces - M48's, Walker Bulldogs (for ARVN), Sheridans, Dusters and M113 ACAVS - A load of Vietcong bases and the bits to finish off my Aussie contingent  - infantry platoon and troop of centurions.
Also a small selection of Falklands Argentinians for website photos (Brits to follow)

On the left is more Arab -Isreali stuff - Sherman and T34 derivatives (monsters) (website pic stuff) M60's more  Centurions. And behind those more modern vehicles for website photos (conway, early cent, M60A3 and ferrets) and some M60 starships and Sheridans which I'm thinking of using for some possible US intervention in latin america.

I like personalising vehicles so I've been adding crew, machine gunners etc (I think open topped vehicles should always have some crew inside) and liberal usage of the track armour pack (MDV44) which is great for adding some character to AFV's.
A small request though, when sculptors do tank commanders can they sculpt on the open hatch? Been a slight pain adding hatches to everything. I think it is only the WW2 germans that have a tank commander with sculpted hatch.

Just got a few loose ends to finish off and then I'll get cracking on these.
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Matt J

Finished Mice and mystics models this weekend  :)

Mouselings

rats

bugs

Beep

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Terry37

Love the mice figures, are you doing Redwall or Mouse Guard? YUK! Hate spiders, they are not even allowed on a table here. In my to do stacks I have both Redwall and Watership Down.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Ithoriel

Mice are for the "Mice & Mystics" board game/ rpg, Terry.

Very nice they are too.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

lowlylowlycook

Yeah, that's some excellent work.    I painted up a set of this for a niece but not as nicely as you have done. 

I was tempted to pick up the bird riding M&M game but somehow resisted.

Techno

Lovely work, Matt !!

Cheers - Phil

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Matt J

Cheers chaps  :)

The models have plenty of character but they aren't the most detailed and are in that sort of bendy type plastic.
I've had the game about 18 months (saw Peter's post on it and liked what I saw :)) but this weekend was first outing, couldn't get my daughter off the internet but managed to entice my son away from Fortnite and into playing the first chapter. He played for and hour and half and looking forward to the next chapter! (amazing considering he's asd/adhd). A couple more years and I'll have him battling with space marines  :)
Beep

petercooman

Quote from: Matt J on 02 October 2018, 10:41:47 PM
Cheers chaps  :)

The models have plenty of character but they aren't the most detailed and are in that sort of bendy type plastic.
I've had the game about 18 months (saw Peter's post on it and liked what I saw :)) but this weekend was first outing, couldn't get my daughter off the internet but managed to entice my son away from Fortnite and into playing the first chapter. He played for and hour and half and looking forward to the next chapter! (amazing considering he's asd/adhd). A couple more years and I'll have him battling with space marines  :)

good job, they look better than mine!

Not as easy a game as it looks is it? I've got through chapter 4, but had to restart a couple of times because i kept losing!

Quote from: lowlylowlycook on 02 October 2018, 02:02:22 AM
Yeah, that's some excellent work.    I painted up a set of this for a niece but not as nicely as you have done. 

I was tempted to pick up the bird riding M&M game but somehow resisted.

I have tail feathers (the bird riding one as you call it). Played once, and will play again, fun game and some neat mechanics in there. (i love the fact you can stand on a leaf, cut it free and then glide it across the board  :D )

Matt J

QuoteNot as easy a game as it looks is it? I've got through chapter 4, but had to restart a couple of times because i kept losing!

Yes we very nearly ran out of time on the first chapter it was a bit of a slugfest - if those minions keep rolling cheeses time soon runs out and we were down to 2 wounded heroes in the last fight!
Beep

Steve J