Fred - 2018 Painting Diary

Started by fred., 08 January 2018, 09:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

Quote from: fred. on 22 December 2018, 07:45:19 PM

My mate gave me some plastic spaceships last night - but assembly has been delayed as can't find my plastic cement - all this tidying and organising isn't entirely working...

All on a big heap i say, much easier and everything you need there for the taking  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Womble67

They look good Fred, I'll have to ask my daughter if she will paint for me

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

It would be good to get your daughter involved. Mine have been fairly erratically involved in painting over the years. These were some of their best stuff - but the shear size meant they were bored before the giants where finished. But I  really pleased with the colours they have used, as these aren't the ones I'd have chosen. And there is very little finishing off left to do.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

paulr

Many many moons ago when my daughter was still at her all girls high school they were reading a book about Kiwis fighting in Crete. The teacher tasked the class with creating an art project related to the book

My daughters effort stood out amongst the various posters and collages ;)

She had reproduced a scene from the book with a bren gunner covering a path near a scratch built buiding ;D
All her own work with only advice from Dad :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

Space Ships

Found the plastic cement - it hadn't been miss-placed in the tidy up for the new drawers, it was through in the conservatory, between two piles of stuff. I found it when tidying stuff up ready for Christmas.

So I was able to stick together some spaceships, they as Dropzone Commander models that my mate got as part of a Kickstarter a couple of years ago, and hadn't got round to doing anything with yet. I think we are more likely to use the Billion Sun rules, which are upcoming ones from Osprey rather than the DZC ones, which look very complex. The ships went together well, and I do quite like the look of them.

There is also a larger cruiser that I put together after taking the photo
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Nice designs! Good finds!! Too many exclamation marks!!!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Quote from: petercooman on 22 December 2018, 11:57:24 PM
All on a big heap i say, much easier and everything you need there for the taking  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: fred. on 26 December 2018, 10:03:52 PM

Found the plastic cement - it hadn't been miss-placed in the tidy up for the new drawers, it was through in the conservatory, between two piles of stuff.

See, piles are the answer to everything! ;D ;D

nice ships!

Maenoferren

Those DZ ships are rather smart...
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!