Started by fred., 08 January 2018, 09:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

That's a rather splendid 'bit of kit', Forbes ! :)

Cheers - Phil

Leman

That does look a really good system. Just carried out a similar exercise and found it very therapeutic.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

fred.

Thanks chaps. I'm very impressed with it, it all went together very easily, the pieces are very accurately cut - and its not laser cut, so there is no burnt smell!

The tidying out has been useful, I found many corks I had been saving for making rock or other things on bases - I had so many they wouldn't fit in one of the small drawers - and as only one had been cut up at all, I really didn't need so many.

Paint brushes - how many do  I have!!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leon

Quote from: fred. on 17 December 2018, 10:03:35 PM
After lots of gluing and assembling, mainly on Saturday while it was chucking it down, I am now the proud owner of this collection of drawers and organisers!

Oooh, now I like that! 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

The see through draws make so much sense...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Aaaargh Clean setup!!

Quick, throw 4-5 in progress projects in front of it, it burns my eyes!!

very nice setup!

Matt J

That's well handy.

I'd like one but my wife would probably burn it rather than look at it  :(
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

d_Guy

Quote from: petercooman on 19 December 2018, 07:42:29 AM
Aaaargh Clean setup!!

very nice setup!

Double ditto - WAY to neat and clean!  :D
Somehow it reminds me of a brand new Gilbert chemistry set from the 1950s - brings nostalgic tears to my eyes.
Sleep with clean hands ...

petercooman

Quote from: Matt J on 19 December 2018, 10:05:07 AM
That's well handy.

Not if you burn her first!!!!  :d :d :d :d :d

Terry37

Sorry Leon, but nice try! That is far too neat to be any kind of real painting area!!!! Looks very good though!!!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

fred.

Quote from: Leon on 19 December 2018, 12:26:03 AM
Oooh, now I like that! 

Would it be worth seeing if they want a UK show distributor? The company is Hobby Zone in Poland. All the sections came very well packed, each in its own box, within the much bigger box. They have clearly put a lot of thought into the whole system. It is completely modular, so each piece (of the 9) can be swapped around to go in different places.

Quote from: Matt J on 19 December 2018, 10:05:07 AM

Mine has been asking if I want another row of drawers for Xmas!!

Quote from: petercooman on 19 December 2018, 07:42:29 AM
Aaaargh Clean setup!!

As you well know Peter I'm quite good at having many projects on the go. So don't worry on that part.

Quote from: mad lemmey on 19 December 2018, 06:59:55 AM
The see through draws make so much sense...
They do - I basically got 1 of each option, and the smaller drawers with the clear fronts are very useful, they are a good size for all the various bits that are needed. The longer drawers are useful for brushes and tools - and come with lots of internal dividers. But I could see myself adding more of the clear front drawers if I need more space. The only one I haven't really worked out what to put in is the tall thin drawer in the corner unit.

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

fred.

Big Stuff

Been painting a few models to add to my KoW Kingdom of Men army (and got some models on to the new painting area)

On the left are a couple of Reaper Bones giants, these were mainly painted by my daughters, I've just done some tidying up and shading on them. In the middle are some Dungeon Saga figures, the big ones at the back are Molochs, which come as red plastic, so they have mainly been washed with black, then dry brushed a bit, to paint the majority of the figure, which seems to work well for what they are. The two heroes come in a dark blue shiny plastic, which is really hard to see any details on, once undercoated they have painted up very nicely with lots of detail actually cast on the figure. There are a bunch more hero figures so might do some more of them.

My mate gave me some plastic spaceships last night - but assembly has been delayed as can't find my plastic cement - all this tidying and organising isn't entirely working...

paulr

Quote from: fred. on 22 December 2018, 07:45:19 PM
My mate gave me some plastic spaceships last night - but assembly has been delayed as can't find my plastic cement - all this tidying and organising isn't entirely working...

;D ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!