Fred - 2018 Painting Diary

Started by fred., 08 January 2018, 09:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

Quote from: pierre the shy on 06 November 2018, 08:41:54 AM
Bases glued up and standards printed so now just need to:

• ask Paul nicely to send me a copy his label template to play with in Word/Paint

Check your email :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

28mm 40k Scenery

So in another whiplash change of priorities, I built and painted some of the GW Kill Team scenery. I was really impressed with these kits, they go together easily, and have lots of options to change up the build by swapping parts, that are cleverly designed to fit together in different ways (e.g. the engines of the big crane and the small driller can be swapped around, as the mounting points for the tracks or the crane arm are the same - very clever. And to be honest not what I was expecting from GW as some of their figures seem setup to be only built in one way.

Just a basic paint job at this stage, a spray of Desert Yellow, with dark grey wheels etc, (going for the Tonka toy look!)
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

lowlylowlycook

Techno

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

fred.

Thanks chaps - these were super easy and give good results for relatively little effort.

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

fred.

Continuing my retro look at the last couple of weeks...

Fiasco Haul
A group of us went over to Leeds at the end of October for the Fiasco show, we made a weekend of it visiting the Armouries museum on the Saturday, and having beer and a very tasty curry on the Saturday night. Went to the show on the Sunday - and found it was across the plaza from the Armouries not in the museum itself. The appearance of a Spitfire outside (parked) caused us all to question if we had just walked past it without noticing the previous afternoon - but apparently it had arrived early in the morning.

Bought a few bits and pieces

African Animals from Pendraken

And some resin Sci-Fi terrain for 28mm games, but it might well work for Epic too

Also picked up some clever MDF sci-fi terrain from Warbases that uses drinks cans as part of the build to make storage tanks  (no photos of these though)

Womble67

There's nothing like going to a show and getting a few bits it always feels a little bit like Christmas for me

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

fred.

Too true, its that rummaging and spotting things that you haven't seen before, that fit with the various games you need things for.

Talking of which... I made two of the Warbases kits tonight, they went together well, only complex bit was working out how the pieces at the far end of the coke can went together (out of the photo).

Not entirely sure about colour schemes, thinking basic grey as a starting point, not sure if the cans should be distinct from the frames?

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

fred.

Got some spraying done this weekend. Managed to spray two 28mm British tanks, one olive drab, one sand - but forgot photos of them...

Also sprayed the sci-fi terrain made with the drink cans, as the cans weren't glued into place at this point they kept falling over in all directions  >:( An empty drinks can is light enough, but then putting some MDF on the top really unbalances it.

Here they are sprayed and glued together, now to add a bit of detailing, might try to find some warning signs online and print them out.

Westmarcher

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Very nice, Forbes !!  :)

Cheers - Phil