Fred - 2018 Painting Diary

Started by fred., 08 January 2018, 09:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

fred.

Thanks chaps - glad it was worth the wait!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

lowlylowlycook

Those are some excellent trolls!

Techno

Looking really good, Forbes !!  8)

Cheers  - Phil

paulr

One of the few forums where Trolls are excellent ;) ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

Glad you all like the Trolling....

Lets see if I can post 2 photos in a row

So in a bit of change down in size, I've done a few additions to my Epic Squats. We have made some adjustments to units sizes (going to a more consistent 3/6/9/12 stands to a unit, rather than some of the rather random sizes in Epic Armageddon). So I needed a few more stands for some units, and took the opportunity to finish off a few others, like the robots that were largely done, but not quite finished.

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

lowlylowlycook

Epic squats?

I'm not sure if that should be filed to weight lifting or maybe to ancient history...

Techno

Great stuff, Forbes !

Cheers - Phil

Womble67

Very nice indeed

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Matt J

Nice stuff Forbes  :-bd

Couple of quick questions -
are your bases 25mm dia?
do you or any of your group use vanguard/onslaught models - if so are the casts any good and how do they size up against the old GW epic models?

Cheers

Matt
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

fred.

Thanks chaps

Quote from: lowlylowlycook on 21 August 2018, 01:35:14 AM
I'm not sure if that should be filed to weight lifting or maybe to ancient history...
;D ;D

Quote from: Matt J on 21 August 2018, 07:44:05 PM
Nice stuff Forbes  :-bd

Couple of quick questions -
are your bases 25mm dia?
do you or any of your group use vanguard/onslaught models - if so are the casts any good and how do they size up against the old GW epic models?
Yes, the squats are on 25mm round bases. I went with MDF for these mainly as the figures are so small and light. I'd normally use 2p's but thought they might break the figures in storage.

I've got both onslaught and vanguard figures, both are nice crisp castings and scale well with GW epic stuff.  If there are particular ones you are interested in let me know and if I have them I can take some pictures.

Matt J

Thanks Forbes

No need on the pics I was already sold on the website pics, you've just rubber stamped my trial order. I've got a lot of old GW IG and chaos and was looking to fill in some gaps* to try and finish this 25 year project!

* read that as 'expand massively'
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

fred.

Irregular Wars Figures

Had a sort through the various figures I had purchased for Irregular Wars Irish / Scots forces, to work out just what units I could make.  These armies are for the late Tudor period (broadly 1550 to 1600)

From painting earlier in the year I have
4 x Gallowglass
5 x Kerns
2 x Irish Horse
2 x Wardogs

From sorting through the various figures I can make the following units
6 x Kerns (8 figures each)
3 x Bonnachts (12 figs)
4 x Redshanks (12 figs)
2 x Clan shot (8 figs)
4 x Scots Pike (16 figs)
2 x Irish Horse (4 figs)
2 x Horse Boys (3 figs)

I have a lot of Highlander figures for clansmen (even if they are really a bit too late in period)
And I have just been painting some Scots cavalry for ECW so these will fit in as cavalry for the Lowland Scots list.

The units that I am struggling to find a figure for is Irish Shot, and Kern Marksmen - both would be armed with early muskets.

The Irish list also includes a Priest unit - again not certain on what figure to use for this - would an ECW style preacher be right, or something more monk like?