Napoleonic "Counts as"/stand ins

Started by Sandyfalkirk, 06 January 2018, 09:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

Quote from: Leon on 09 January 2018, 04:17:20 AM
... a large customer buying 20,000-30,000 figures at a time...

a)  :o
b) Hero!
c) How long will those take to paint?
d)  :o
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Quote from: Leon on 09 January 2018, 04:17:20 AM
I think I've explained the Naps ranges somewhere already, but the current ranges/sculpting plans are due to a large customer buying 20,000-30,000 figures at a time.  We're currently working on his British order covering all the Brits, Brunswickers, Hanoverians, D-B's and KGL, so the sculpting plans have followed his requirements.

I should have the final few 'gaps' done, and in the post to you, by the end of the week, Leon.

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

And that is impressive!
How many spins of the molds is that!!!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

Bloody hell. He doing the whole 100 Days/Waterloo at one to one scale?!

I'm actually sure I have too many figures and I'm not convinced I have even ONE of those orders worth :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leon

Quote from: fsn on 09 January 2018, 07:31:13 AM
c) How long will those take to paint?

Not long, he's already painted most of the Prussians we dropped off in February last year!

Quote from: toxicpixie on 09 January 2018, 11:05:01 AM
Bloody hell. He doing the whole 100 Days/Waterloo at one to one scale?!

This was the Borodino game he did last year: http://gerryjelliottsituation.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/, this year it's Dresden.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

toxicpixie

Ahhhhh, yes, holy heck that's a lot of figures...

I think I'd need to reinforce the floor let alone the tables :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

fred.

That's both impressive and somewhat mad!

I thought as a group we had a lot of figures, but clearly we don't.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

toxicpixie

We're gonna need a bigger ball room...

fsn

Don't know about the rest of you ... but I feel inadequate.  :(
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Zippee

Quote from: Leon on 09 January 2018, 12:18:32 PM
Not long, he's already painted most of the Prussians we dropped off in February last year!

This was the Borodino game he did last year: http://gerryjelliottsituation.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/, this year it's Dresden.

Well that sort of purchasing power is hard to argue against  :(

I'm not sure what is scarier, the fact he's buying that quantity or the painting turnaround!

What you really need to do Leon, is convince him that his next epic period is 1809  :D

Leon

Quote from: Zippee on 09 January 2018, 02:09:52 PM
What you really need to do Leon, is convince him that his next epic period is 1809  :D

I've tried!  He's working through a rather long campaign finishing with Waterloo I assume, so I don't know if he's got any plans to go back to the earlier period once they're done.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Zippee

Quote from: Leon on 09 January 2018, 02:51:52 PM
I've tried!  He's working through a rather long campaign finishing with Waterloo I assume, so I don't know if he's got any plans to go back to the earlier period once they're done.

Ah well, kudos to him I guess.

Maybe we should run a poll to decide what his next campaign should be  ;)

Sadly a rough calculation for Wurttemberg, Saxony, Hesse and Baden combined only comes to about 4000 figures, I would commit to that but it doesn't really compete with 20,000  :(

Leon

Quote from: Zippee on 09 January 2018, 06:44:36 PM
Sadly a rough calculation for Wurttemberg, Saxony, Hesse and Baden combined only comes to about 4000 figures, I would commit to that but it doesn't really compete with 20,000  :(

That's not a bad start though, if we can find some more people who want them we might be able to sort something out and bump them up the requests lists?

Zippee

Quote from: Leon on 09 January 2018, 10:45:17 PM
That's not a bad start though, if we can find some more people who want them we might be able to sort something out and bump them up the requests lists?

Well better start a recruiting drive then  :D

Leon