The 2018 Whimsical Cavalcade

Started by d_Guy, 06 January 2018, 07:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_Guy

I'm not very pure  :)

I use 1"x1" for my standard 6 figure base so the three figure bases are 1" front by 1/2" depth.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

toxicpixie

So about 25mm wide in new money then :D

Must order some more 20mm squares!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

d_Guy

Just about to start color blocking the Flodden highland contingent (lots of blocks of multi-hued saffron) when nagging suspicion enters my mind. I have set up yet another modification to terrain system in preparation for playing out an extended game dealing with the aftermath of Monmouth's stunning victory at Sedgemoor. Everything is ready and should include six regiments of West Country Militia Foot - but - had I actually painted the last two regiments? Nope.

Switched all the Scots back to the "waiting to paint"  shelf - went through Pendraken figure bags and sorted out what I needed. A militia unit only has 21 figures - so 42 total - not too bad

Since I already had all that yellow paint out and since the second most popular color for militia uniform coats in 1685 was - you guessed it - yellow, it seemed a sign to stop with the red coats. After an extended one day painting session, too quick and dirty militia units:

Since I was adding pikes to figures anyway, figured I might as well base up another of Pixie's regiments, so that's the Coldstream in the background. May as well finish Montrose's gun limbered markers while at so they are there also.

It's a strange hobby - when I got up I had very definite painting plans - painted all day but not a single stroke was as planned. Got used to painting saffron however.

paulr

Quote from: d_Guy on 18 February 2018, 03:37:43 AM
It's a strange hobby - when I got up I had very definite painting plans - painted all day but not a single stroke was as planned. Got used to painting saffron however.

One of the many joys of the hobby :D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

Cracking, Bill!

Were they done on a white undercoat? The yellows come up very nicely.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

DFlynSqrl

Poggle

d_Guy

Thanks all.

Pixie, yes primed in black then the coat and cuffs were first done in ivory (undiluted, it really covers well).

toxicpixie

I might take that as an invitation to try some zenithal highlighting on some chaps when I'm thru current stuff, looks good :)

d_Guy

Amidst various projects got the newest West Country miltia on bases, along with Pixie's Coldstream Guard:

The yellow coats first time out will be as Dorset militia which has gone over to Monmouth.

I should mention that the mesh roads are place holders for Fat Frank's which should be arriving soon.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

I hope they perform well first time out and do the job :D

d_Guy

Thanks guys.

Pixie, they'll be on opposite sides so no matter how badly they do, some will at least be on the winning side :)