Carronade, Falkirk - Sat 12th May

Started by Leon, 05 January 2018, 02:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimduncanuk

My Ego forbids a signature.

Leman

Strange how I could access the video via the link, but no videos come up on the form anymore.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

d_Guy

Quote from: Westmarcher on 15 May 2018, 08:18:01 PM
Your welcome, Bill. Don't blink when you're passing Port Republic (as you probably know, the actual 'town' is tiny).  ;)
Yup, a wide place in the road as we say. We ended up taking a more southerly route to follow the old Parkersburg - Staunton Tpk. Did pass through MacDowell which is not much bigger,  but larger battle (I think).
Sleep with clean hands ...

Ace of Spades

Gentlemen,

So sorry to reply so late but a weekend in Scotland consumed most of my time and after that it was immediately back to work...

It was very nice to see a UK show again and the number of people attending. Also te difference in scales on offer and games being played was good to see. if only we had those in the Netherlands... Here the average showmainly consists of 28mm (some 15mm) stuff on offer and then a much higher proportion of it being fantasy related. This is also reflected in the games being played; a lot of fantasy, science fiction etc. with a relatively smaller number of historical games being played. And that is including the popular ones like Flames of War and Bolt Action. It is the main reason I don't visit many shows on the continent.

Meeting Leon and Dave and of course Westie was really enjoyable. All very friendly and helpfull people and of course the socializing side is another one of the good parts of visiting shows. Feeling at home in a foreign country is made so much easier if you meet some familiar faces or even some new ones. Thanks for that chaps! (It also helps to show my wife that I do know some more or less normal people!  ;) )

In all it was a really enjoyable weekend and one worth repeating. Maybe I'll get back to Falkirk next year...

On the down side; one of our dogs 'helped unpack' some of the new 10mm figures yesterday resulting in an ACW wagoneer going AWOL and damaging one building...  ~X(

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Videos have started coming up again, and I have done nothing (neither am I from Barcelona!).
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

paulr

Quote from: Ace of Spades on 18 May 2018, 10:32:28 AM
Meeting Leon and Dave and of course Westie was really enjoyable... It also helps to show my wife that I do know some more or less normal people!  ;)

:o :o :-/ :-/ ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ace of Spades

Quote from: paulr on 18 May 2018, 10:12:06 PM
:o :o :-/ :-/ ;D

Yes Paul; in my life wargamers count as more or less normal people... you can just imagine the rest I guess!

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!