WMMS, Alumwell - Sun 18th Mar

Started by Leon, 05 January 2018, 02:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

Good looking table Toxicpixie

Good to know you got home safe & sound Leon and that sales weren't too badly impacted
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Womble67

Very nice looking game toxicpixie

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

Cheers chaps!

The nice looking, professional bit is mostly my club mates contribution - the Blue Peter-esq airfield & control tower side is mine :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Westmarcher

Quote from: toxicpixie on 18 March 2018, 09:42:54 PM

Piccies from today here - https://www.facebook.com/jtppainting/posts/2010043652578762

On viewing the pics, I though, "Top stuff!" and, deservedly so, I see the last photo is of a trophy for best(?) in show (sorry, unable to make it out exactly). Well done!  =D>
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

toxicpixie

Cheers - it's "Best Participation Game".

Whilst the big games are very impressive, we like to run something that people can join in with for half an hour without too much faff and confusion. Think it gets people interested, and thinking "I/we could do that...", so we keep it fairly small (Black Ops plays with half a dozen figures a side very nicely) and "doable" in price and scenery (Larna's half of the table is something to aspire to, mine is something you can bodge up with some sticky back plastic, the contents of the recycling bin, and a competent adult to wield scissors and glue :D).

We usually get a nice mix across the day of the kids (from Primary age to big school), and adults from the student/twenties up to the older "classic wargamer" profile ;)

As I've now got more clubmates interested it's a lot easier and we can all have a mooch round the show as well!

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting