WMMS, Alumwell - Sun 18th Mar

Started by Leon, 05 January 2018, 02:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxicpixie

Yeah, barring a pint at the club of a Wednesday that's about it for me, too!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

fsn

Quote from: toxicpixie on 06 March 2018, 03:46:08 PM
I haven't been out in Wolves for a night for, errr, probably a decade plus. Actually, probably close to fifteen years...

It's mostly my home or at least formative town, but it's heyday was gone well before then.
My brother, who resides in Pendeford (from where the Boulton-Paul Defiant hails) opines that "Wolverhampton has all the drawbacks of a city ... with none of the advantages."

Despite the proximity of kin, I may essay the WMMS this year.   
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald: 2024 - Silver Medal (Cavalry)
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Mothering Sunday is the 11th this year!  ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

Yes, that's the point :D

Normally for reasons known only unto Ghu they hold WMMS on mothering sunday...

This year the hall was booked already so it's on the 18th :D

FSN, if you're passing say hello! Stop and roll a few dice at Black Ops :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

toxicpixie

Right, venue says they're business as usual, we're on the way, North b'ham Main roads are fine as gritted and traffic has mangled them to slush at worst. Pendrakenonauts, lets do this!

toxicpixie

Motorway and town roads fine, car park mildly awkward, all good to go!

Steve J

Car parking always an issue at that venue. Hope you all had a good show.

toxicpixie

I do think we did :) Best participation game for us, and Leon didn't sound too downbeat by the end so I hope sales were ok. Footfall was about half normal apparently but seems to have been enough punters, I think...

Shedman

Sadly we couldn't make it due to sunny Stroud becoming snowy Stroud

@nathan - congrats on game

Steve J

Shame the snow appeared to have affected another show :(

paulr

A shame indeed :(

Congratulations on Best participation game Toxicpixie =D>
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

Cheers chaps! We're well chuffed :)

I'd hope it wasn't too bad for the traders, there looked like money was changing hands well enough. Except the Bring and buy - small footprint meant you could actually get to it and have a look but no joy selling owt :/

On which note anyone want some 20mm WW2 Germans?! Or 15mm New Kingdom Egyptians...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

Damnit, the box is upstairs :D

There's I think four chariots, and 145 foot in various types - bow, spear & shield, axemen and Sherden auxilia with some Nubian bow men. On Impetus basing atm (80mm wide).

I'll do a break down, they're all painted (over some time so the quality on say the Sherden is much better than the bows I did twenty year ago!) and I'll get a photo or three if you want & PM you.

Piccies from today here - https://www.facebook.com/jtppainting/posts/2010043652578762 - I haven't snapped people playing as I'm never sure if they'll want to be plastered over the web but we had sterotypical middle aged gamers, twenty ish students and even a couple of young ones; the lass was very determined to beat her slightly older brother and played a blinding game of fire and manouver to now his troops down ;)

Leon

We got back home safely, the roads were completely fine and clear of snow.  The show itself was OK as well, with half the expected visitors our takings were around 3/4's of last year so we've done pretty well considering.  A big thanks to everyone who came along today, I know the weather was extremely bad in some parts of the UK and we appreciate the efforts made by people got through it, to support the event and spend their pennies!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!