WMMS, Alumwell - Sun 18th Mar

Started by Leon, 05 January 2018, 02:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

05 January 2018, 02:36:17 AM Last Edit: 06 March 2018, 01:38:07 PM by Leon
The WMMS show is always a great day out, combining wargames with some excellent modelling displays as well.  We'll need pre-orders sending through by Saturday 10th March please.

For more info on the show, head over to the Alumwell club website: http://www.alumwellwargames.co.uk/
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

toxicpixie

We'll be there as Circle, running a participation game of... something... not sure what yet, might be WW2 coastal, might be 10mm Twilight of the Sun King, might be Black Ops or Song of Blades.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Subedai

Quote from: toxicpixie on 05 January 2018, 09:21:50 AM
We'll be there as Circle, running a participation game of... something... not sure what yet, might be WW2 coastal, might be 10mm Twilight of the Sun King, might be Black Ops or Song of Blades.

Yep, that lot could never make their collective minds up!  :) :)
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

toxicpixie

I've short cut that by just sorting it, usually :D

Although this year for Wargamer it was different - John said he wanted to play Black Ops so we did :D

Quite refreshing!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Roy

WMMS show 2018 is on Sunday 18th March, surely?

Or is this just a test? Did I win?!

I'm pencilled-in to be working on the Colonel Bill's stand, if there's Forum members at the show.

I'll come across at some point and say hello, toxicpixie. Can't miss me. Ginger-haired and wearing a Col. Bill's polo shirt.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Steve J

They'd be brave putting it on on Mothering Sunday!

Leon

They've moved it back a weekend this year due to the venue being booked up, so it is indeed the 18th!  I'd already booked our hotel for the 11th as well, so if anyone wants a night in Wolverhampton on Saturday 10th, give me a shout!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

WFGamer

Wyre Forest club will be there doing a game set in Ireland in 1690 with the Twilight of the Sun King rules, unfortunately not 10mm :(

Matt J

QuoteI'd already booked our hotel for the 11th as well, so if anyone wants a night in Wolverhampton on Saturday 10th, give me a shout

they'd have to be brave........!!!!!!!!
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Leon

Quote from: Matt J on 06 March 2018, 01:42:33 PM
they'd have to be brave........!!!!!!!!

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be much there!  We looked at the local tourist attractions to see if we could take the kids down for a day out, but we didn't find anything suitable.

toxicpixie

Black Country Museum is about half an hour away, or there's a bunch of National Trust stiff like Wightwick Manor, or the RAF Museum at Cosford.

Dunno what Wolves night life is like anymore, it all ended with the death of the Dorch IMO ;)

I'm off to see my Mum on Friday lunch time so I can report if the city centre is a ghost town or Mad Max if needed...

We're there on the 18th, Black Ops, Circle Wargames. Hopefully with enough minions I can do more than hare round the hall once :D

Matt J

Cosford is well worth a visit (they even have a Centurion  :-$)

Used to go out a bit in Wolvo as a young man and saw a lot of gigs at the Wulfrun, great days  8->

Not sure I'd hazard a night out there now!
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Glorfindel

>>they'd have to be brave........!!!!!!!!

Oi !  Thats my home town you're knocking you cheeky so and so    ;)

I have to admit though, I don't tend to visit the town centre when
there's a full moon...

Phil

toxicpixie

I haven't been out in Wolves for a night for, errr, probably a decade plus. Actually, probably close to fifteen years...

It's mostly my home or at least formative town, but it's heyday was gone well before then.

Except for WMMS, that's awesome ;)

And I'll make allowances for my family, I guess  :P

Leon

I think that's the same in a lot of places now, we've not been for a night out in Middlesbrough in about 12 years I think.  We go for a couple of drinks after the staff Christmas party each year, but that tends to be one or two of the quieter pubs away from the main boozing areas.