Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
23 January 2018, 11:42:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Clib's done some conversions to add some WSS & LoA additions!
246894 Posts in 14970 Topics by 2080 Members
Latest Member: marcoboniardi
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Releases, Requests and Photos!
| |-+  New Figure Previews
| | |-+  Indian Mutiny artillery - Help wanted
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Indian Mutiny artillery - Help wanted  (Read 367 times)
Leon
Field Marshal

« on: 05 January 2018, 02:07:53 AM »

I thought I'd pass this out in case anyone has any useful reference material to hand, we're looking for scale plans or useful drawings of the artillery pieces for the Indian Mutiny range.  The pieces we're looking to get modelled are:

6lb field gun – same carriage
9lb field gun – same carriage
24lb howitzer – same carriage
12lb howitzer
8” siege mortar
18lb siege gun
Limber

We've found some nice drawings but a lot of the time it's hard to get an idea of the sizing unless there's someone stood right next to it.

Cool

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
Steve J
Lieutenant General

« Reply #1 on: 05 January 2018, 07:57:45 AM »

Probably the best bet is to contact the Royal Artillery Museum, now at Larkhill in Wiltshire. When I did a search for the museum, the link to their old website had a line about the Artillery of the Honourable East India Company. Hope this helps?

http://wwiiwargaming.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - 2 x Winner!
mad lemmey
Field Marshal

« Reply #2 on: 05 January 2018, 08:38:52 AM »

Powys Castle has a fair few that Clive of India collected, but they’re a bit earlier...

Is it time I had a signature? Everyone else does.

Chekov's Gun, Occam's Razor, and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle walk into a bar. You won't believe what happens next!

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner 😎
Leon
Field Marshal

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 10:52:13 PM »

Probably the best bet is to contact the Royal Artillery Museum, now at Larkhill in Wiltshire. When I did a search for the museum, the link to their old website had a line about the Artillery of the Honourable East India Company. Hope this helps?

I forgot to say thanks for this, I sent them an email so just waiting to hear back.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: