What was the last ruleset you played 2018?

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 04 January 2018, 11:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Techno on 21 December 2018, 07:58:52 AM

Er......Does that make sense....Or an I gibbering, again ?
Yep....I'm gibbering ! :D

Cheers - Phil

Nowt unusually, you been at Nobby's pills again ?

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Don't need to do that, Ian.

Mine have the same effect. ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

As this thread cones to it's weary end for 2018, like a prizefighter in his last round, or Techno on his last figure of the day...
1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Star Trek Ascendancy
2) What armies were confronted? - Ferengi vs Klingons vs Cardasians vs Romulans (me)
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - eventually, but it took me a long time to get my head round the build/research system each turn, lost out because of silly mistakes vs more experienced players.
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - yes, for me and the Ferengi player, the other two had played before.
5) How many players were in the game? - 4
6) What went well? No one was violent for a very long time, we were all concentrating on getting resources and upgrades built.
In the last turn the Cardasian jumped into my homework, breaking his trade agreement and nuking Romulus! I, in turn used a whole pile of abilities i had earned , decloaked  a whole fleet that the Klingons did not spot, and took over the Klingon homeworld and was in orbit over the Cardasian homeworld, having torched his guard flett, but ran out of goes when they ascended to godhood!
7) What could have been improved?  Not spotting the Cardasians plan soon enough!
Cardasians win, me second, Klingons splintered, Ferengi were not rich enough.
:)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - The Expanse

2) What armies were confronted? - UN vs Martian Commonwealth (me) vs The Belters vs Protogen

3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Yes. Finally played it often enough to get all the rules right :)

4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - Nope, all players had played several games

5) How many players were in the game? - Initally planned for three, on the day we had four, which is the maximum.

6) What went well? Much fun had, much banter exchanged, many nice things said about my replacement of the spaceship tokens with Brigade Miniatures spaceships, several echoes of events from the shows.

7) What could have been improved? My ability to persuade the others not to attack me :) Still came second though.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Shedman

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Bloody Big Battles with additions for a solo game

2) What armies were confronted? - 15mm French (me) vs Mexicans (programmed)

3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Yes.

4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - Nope

5) How many players were in the game? - One - me

6) What went well? BBB's ability to generate realistic outcomes - for instance 3 Mexican militia units attacked a Zouave unit forcing it to retreat, 2 of the Militia units pursued it, the Zouaves rallied and advanced against them, one Militia broke and fled, the other froze in place. I could imagine the Militia going "Hey we've beat these tough guys - let's finish them off - Oh f*k they're coming back for more!"

7) What could have been improved? nothing

Here's the AAR http://twomarshals.blogspot.com/2018/12/the-deserter-mexico-1864-15mm-solo-game.html

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Viva Mexico! A post-apocalyptic game in which a horde of Mexican zombies swarm in to what's left of the United Counties of America, a small enclave covering 2/3 of Vermont and 1/4 of Maine. No escape North, Canada having had the foresight to trump Trump's wall.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

d_Guy

Glad we agree that building a southern wall is a good idea.  :-bd
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

pierre the shy

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - For King and Parliament

2) What armies were confronted? - Covenant/Parliament vs Royalists

3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Yes.

4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - No

5) How many players were in the game? - two

6) What went well? My opponent had great fun  :)  I did manage to destroy two Royalist cavalry units, other than that not much  ;)

7) What could have been improved? I could have drawn a few more chits numbered above 8.....they were definitely in the bucket. This was the debut game for my Scots Horse and they are apparently armed with damp powder and rubber swords. Most of the game they blasted away with their pistols as they closed for little result and in hand to hand combat they similarly just couldn't match the Royalist hits inflicted on them.

I will post a more detailed batrep if I get the chance in the next couple of days. Paul has plenty of photographic evidence of the number of 1's and 2's that I drew.     
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

paulr

Thanks for a very enjoyable game Pierre :)

Your ability to find the 1s & 2s certainly helped the Royalist cause ;D

The game was closer than Pierre suggests ;)

I was about to lose control of most of my force, of my 8 units of Horse:

• 2 were lost :(
  • 2 were about to gallop off in the direction of Whitchurch :-h
  • 1 was about to pursue through a hedge into Covenant cuirassiers, having already fired their pistols X_X
  • 1 was locked in an inconclusive melee with Cheshire Commanded Shot and was about to become blown :-[
  • 1 was already blown :-<
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Shedman

d_Guy

Will look forward to seeing the pics of the game, Peter and Paul! The Scottish horse lived up to the first-use curse. The trick with Scottish horse is to always fight other Scottish horse!  ;)

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

d_Guy