What was the last ruleset you played 2018?

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 04 January 2018, 11:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

Fk,  I took some on my phone camera, but it seems less than keen to transfer to my iPhoto album (probably because my phone was made by Mr Moto). If I can find a way to move them around I will certainly post some pictures as my mate's armies are quite impressive even though he bought them long before the Flodden range was developed.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

FierceKitty

Not in a position to put pressure on you. We took no pictures of the Austrian victory today, not even on a Handy.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leman

No probs, I need to have a mess around with it anyway as it would make life simpler not to have to carry both phone and camera, particularly as the phone seems to have more pixels.

FierceKitty

Doctor, you've got to help me! I've got pixels!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Wulf

Leman

:D Coats gentlemen, and no luck transferring photos to my computer. I may be able to do it by emailing them to myself, downloading to a finder file, then uploading to Flickr, finally downloading to Pendraken. Worth doing as both armies are 100% Pendraken, but will take some time, which I won't have until later in the week. Will also post them in the photos section as Italian Wars.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Yes that should work, attach to an emil to yourself. Only thing to look out for is buffer size.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - MeG
2) What armies were confronted? - Samurai vs Feudal German (as you do)
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - yip
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - narp
5) How many players were in the game? - 2
6) What went well? Not much! Destroyed a unit of knights.
7) What could have been improved? My dice were on strike, even when I had a massive advantage! I was also over confident in my army, and i got torn apart!  ;D :D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

1. FoGR

2, Spanish v French pre-1520 Italian Wars

3. Yes - getting into the rhythm with these - more so than A and M FoG

4. This was my third go with these particular armies

5. Three players - two Spanish and one French (c'est moi)

6. I think the most important thing about this game was my gain in confidence at playing these rules. I liken it to learning a foreign language, ie. you can read the rulebook as much as you like but until you actually play very little sinks in. I learnt more conversational French over four fortnightly holidays than 5 years in school (although I did learn all about open back buses in Paris, which had long been withdrawn by the time I got there aged 19 - ah, the modern textbook  ;D). The Swiss pike and gendarmes began to power forward into the Spanish colunelas and landsknechts wreaking a certain amount of havoc. *

7. Unfortunately the Spanish lighter troops got round my flanks and the colunelas held, despite the landsknechts breaking and routing. The gendarmes then began to crumble. After 1 3/4 hours I had lost four key units and two of my three generals and conceded. As this was one of our morning games, just after 1pm we removed to the pub for lunch and debriefing.

* Another plus was that I bought the Spanish army to keep it in the club and will produce a French army of my own as the one in the photo is being sold and I have the figures to produce a new army.

Steve J

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Honours of War
2) What armies were confronted? - Austrians vs British
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Very
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - No
5) How many players were in the game? - 5
6) What went well? - The Austrian die rolling.
7) What could have been improved? - The British die rolling and manouevre in relation to the games objectives.

Steve J

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Honours of War
2) What armies were confronted? - Austrians vs post 1760 Prussians
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - No
5) How many players were in the game? - Solo
6) What went well? - The Prussian shooting at crucial points in the game.
7) What could have been improved? - The Austrian die rolling that failed at crucial points in the game.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Mortiem at Gloriam
2) What armies were confronted? - 10mm Sassanids vs 15mm Imperial Romans
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - yes
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - hell no
5) How many players were in the game? - two
6) What went well? Pinning forces held Romans in place for cavalry development to work. Poor spears thrashed Roman Auxilia!
7) What could have been improved? Not much, dice were on my side!
Barrel soon, but 15-7 win to me.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

1) Ronin at Colours
2) Samurai v Koreans
3) Yes
4) No
5) Three players - two young lads took the Samurai, I played the Koreans defending a castle
6) The two lads picked up the rules very quickly and the game flowed well
7) A good game, but I was right, royally rogered - the Korean casualties piled up at an alarming rate once the Samurai broke into the castle

Steve J

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - BKCII
2) What armies were confronted? - Sort of Bavarian Red Brigade vs sort of Freikorps Brigade circa 1930's
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - Not by a long way
5) How many players were in the game? - Solo
6) What went well? - The Freikorps shooting
7) What could have been improved? - Both sides command rolls.

paulr

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - For King and Parliament
2) What armies were confronted? - Royalist v Parliament 1644
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Yes, despite not having played for a while
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - No, we had played three previous games, all with cardboard armies
5) How many players were in the game? - Four
6) What went well? - Royalist cards :o
7) What could have been improved? - Parliament's cards :(

A battle report can be found here http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,17860.0.html
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!