What was the last ruleset you played 2018?

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 04 January 2018, 11:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Welcome, to the madhouse, Steve.

Cheers - Phil

capthugeca

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game?      -     Ganesha Games' Sellswords and Spellslingers
2) What armies were confronted?       -       Human (four characters) played by me v Orcs and Trolls played by the rules
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset?      -       Yes, though I probably missed a rule or two and tweaked the deployment method a little.
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset?       -       Yes
5) How many players were in the game?      -     Just me. They are for solo or co-operative games.
6) What went well?       -     The gradual build up of tension as more foes appeared.
7) What could have been improved?      -       my dice rolling could have been better!  :'( Great fun.

I've stuck a report on my blog (http://tenmilwargames.blogspot.com/2018/06/fun-with-sellswords-spellslingers-or.html).
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Steve J on 13 June 2018, 09:21:49 PM
Welcome on board Steve. Great looking game and love the Blog name :)

The Blog is all the work of my Regular opponent Hugh.

I greatly admire his ability to remember and recount the narrative of our games.
His techniques for annotating the pictures to produce little diagrams are a great way to let the pictures tell some of the story.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - MeG
2) What armies were confronted? - Senguko Samurai vs Crown of Aragon
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - yes
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? -no
5) How many players were in the game? - two
6) What went well? I won
7) What could have been improved? Me not knowing a key rule, but it didn't matter in the end
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

T13A

Hi

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? To the Strongest!
2) What armies were confronted?   Late Republican Romans v Gauls   
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset?    Yes - very
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset?  No
5) How many players were in the game?  4   
6) What went well?     The smooth flow of the rules without too many things needing to be looked up. Particularly like the way Roman generals do not have to be attached to particular units and can therefore move around but the Gallic generals had to be attached. 
7) What could have been improved?  Not sure, maybe allowing Light cavalry to evade easier than other heavier cavalry?

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

Leman

1. Ronin

2. Two Samurai bunt

3. Yes

4. Played this a number of times now

5. Two players

6. The game moved along pretty smoothly

7. The opposition acting more honourably and not attacking my archers with Samurai

A few pictures of my mate's portable Japanese table; he brought everything round to my place and it took only about 20 minutes to set up and start playing.

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

T13A

Hi

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? Fire & Fury (original brigade version)
2) What armies were confronted?   Billy Yanks v Johnny Rebs (Eastern theatre)   
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset?    Yes - very
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset?  No
5) How many players were in the game?  4   
6) What went well?   Familiarity with the rules with 3 people I had not played the rules with before.   
7) What could have been improved? Bigger table, we were playing on a 6' x 4' table and with 12" infantry moves we could have done with something larger. Still, excellent game with good company and probably my favourite rule set of any period.

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Epic 40k
2) What armies were confronted? - my Saim Hann Eldar vs Vanilla marines
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - not really, we just don't play often enough.
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? -seventh
5) How many players were in the game? - two
6) What went well? Every assault I made I won, chews lumps out of him!
7) What could have been improved? For me, not much!

Massive win in three turns!
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

"Vanilla Marines"  - now I want to paint a Chapter in a creamy-yellow off white colour scheme!

Chapter Master Flake with Librarian Wafflecone and Chaplain Rasperbery Sauce. Venerable Dreadnaught Mr Whippy.

The Marines are coming - hundreds and thasands of 'em!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leman

1. BBB - Beaumont scenario

2. Prussian/Bavarian v Imperial French

3. Extremely comfortable with these rules as I have played them many times over the past couple of years. I have even bought armies (Pacific War 10mm/Mid-C19th 2mm) specifically for this ruleset.

5. 2 players

6. Familiarity with the rules led to a very smooth flowing game. The scenario construction meant a clear outcome.

7. I lost again. [see Batreps]

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: toxicpixie on 29 June 2018, 12:47:36 AM
"Vanilla Marines"  - now I want to paint a Chapter in a creamy-yellow off white colour scheme!

Chapter Master Flake with Librarian Wafflecone and Chaplain Rasperbery Sauce. Venerable Dreadnaught Mr Whippy.

The Marines are coming - hundreds and thasands of 'em!
🍦

toxicpixie

29 June 2018, 10:02:37 AM #192 Last Edit: 29 June 2018, 10:10:27 AM by toxicpixie
Cones for the Cone Throne!

Flakes for the Flake God!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Leman