Nolzurs D and D Minis - 28mm or not 28mm?

Started by GrumpyOldMan, 31 December 2017, 12:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrumpyOldMan

31 December 2017, 12:24:45 AM Last Edit: 31 December 2017, 12:32:01 AM by GrumpyOldMan
Hi

Edit - Ooops seem to have cross posted with SteveJ  :-[. Still be good to know more info.

I was just looking at the Nolzur's Unpainted figures for Warmaster proxies and I was wondering if anybody had seen them in the flesh? I'm wondering if they are 28mm or fit the package? I was looking at the Griffon, Goblins and Barbarian?

No local gaming shop around here to poke my nose into. Thanks for any help.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Steve J

From what I've seen Grumpy, they are 28mm, but look on the heroic side. Hard to tell as in the shop there were no other minis to compare them with. The Troll I saw was noticeable larger, almost Giant size, compared to  the humans in the range. Hope this helps?

Zippee

They're excellent - definitely 28mm and actually quite finely detailed in the 'flesh'.

I have all of them currently and am very happy with them, they fit nicely alongside my Otherworld collection.

They're slightly 'heroic' against my LotR collection and I don't have any other GW to compare to but would expect that means they would sit well alongside most Warhammer stuff.

GrumpyOldMan

Hello SteveJ and Zippee

Thanks for the replies. Good to know, Zippee you say you have them, could you do me a favour and look at overall height for them? I'm a bit confused because they say the base is 25mm for the barbarian but that would make him 54mm scale  :-.

I was looking at the Griffon to be a proxy for Warmaster one (pic below from Pinterest with Pendraken figures for scale). I don't need another mortgage to buy an original one. Luckily, I've found an American supplier that is using Fedex IMS which is about a third of USPS costs.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan