2018 painting challenge: reduce the mountain some more!

Started by petercooman, 30 December 2017, 02:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt J

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Terry37

Wow! Love the city table!!!! What game will it be for - zombies?

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

petercooman

Terminator genesys. I'm also looking at maybe getting the walking dead from mantic. Not sure yet as i also have zombies and survivors in 10mm from pendraken.

I do have a few survivors and my plague zombies from deadzone, so could do a game of fear and faith.

I also have a bunch of police models, so could put undamaged buildings on there and play cops and robbers in a scruffy part of town.

And then there's my 40 k stuff that could be repurposed....

Too many options really!

fred.

The last two steps really made it look good. Well worth the effort.

And sounds like lots of options for games on it too.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Techno

petercooman

Quote from: fred. on 03 October 2018, 05:12:40 PM
And sounds like lots of options for games on it too.

Yes, and i'm probably forgetting a few more things i have lying about. Always provide some crossovers in your projects. Makes it easier to justify a purchase  ;D

Maybe with the right buildings, i could go with bolt action as well? The road is a bit too modern but might work!

petercooman

There we go, posted my for sale thread on LAF. hope i can generate some cash for crisis. Now back to painting!

Matt J

QuoteI'm also looking at maybe getting the walking dead from mantic

Got this, only played a quick run through but looks good, models are well nice though
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

petercooman

Quote from: Matt J on 04 October 2018, 09:49:43 AM
Got this, only played a quick run through but looks good, models are well nice though

Yes the models look great! digging into the prelude to woodbury starter, as i'm mostly interested in solo play! HAven't found what i'm looking for though, wondering if it's expandable, or if it's just the woodbury set that an be used solo. The negan boardgame looks good as well, as it is cooperative, so solo friendly.

petercooman

Cleaned prepped and basecaoted a good bunch of miniatures for the punic wars project, 3 units of numidian light cavalry, 2 units of velites and 2 nits of iberian warbands.

Hope to get painting soon, been a while since i did any. Won't be hitting 1000 models this year i think! But that wasn't the goal this year so no problem. All my goals have been reached, so anything done now is a bonus!

small update on the 'things to do'
1) epic orcs
2)epic space marines
3) the great war boardgame (germans + british, one entry because they belong togheter)
4)warhammer fantasy orcs and goblins
5)  warhammer fantasy undead
6)  LOTR goblins
7) LOTR numenor
8 ) LOTR high elves
9)  40k imperial guard
10) 40k dark angels (dark vengeance starter set)
11) 40k chaos (dark vengeance starter set)
12) mice and mystics/reaper mouselings (prepped and mounted to bases)
13)D&D legend of drizzt game (1/10th done)
14) D&D temple of elemental evil game
15)D&D tomb of annihilation game
16) pendraken zombies (cleaned and prepped and mounted to bases)
17)napoleonic British/Hanoverians
18)napoleonic French
19)carthago (skirmishers and elefants done, numidians and iberian warbands undercoated)
20) republican rome (slingers done, velites undercoated)
[21)warhammer fantasy dwarf army (on sale at LAF) ]

Techno

petercooman

You know, a few moments after posting this, i started thinking about giving myself another challenge for this year. Something like paint 5 models for each project i haven't touched this year. Would be tight but should get me going again.

petercooman

17 October 2018, 12:53:44 PM #434 Last Edit: 17 October 2018, 12:56:01 PM by petercooman
Ok, so let's try this:

I'll try to paint (a minimum of) 5 models (or bases or game pieces , whatever fits the project) for each project i haven't touched this year. This should give me some variety, and hopefully get me going again!

Just a rough thought of what i would be up against

1) epic orcs  5 stands or tanks
2)epic space marines 5 stands or tanks
3) the great war boardgame (germans + british, one entry because they belong togheter)  maybe a few of each to test colour schemes
4)warhammer fantasy orcs and goblins night goblins or spider riders
5)  warhammer fantasy undead skeleton cavalry or dire wolves
6)  LOTR goblins durburz,captains and shamans, maybe cave trolls
7) LOTR numenor only rank and file models left
8 ) LOTR high elves elladan foot and mounted, gil-galad, arwen and a captain
9)  40k imperial guard a squad of 5 ratling snipers i would like to paint
10) 40k dark angels (dark vengeance starter set) a squad of deathwing terminators maybe?
11) 40k chaos (dark vengeance starter set) some cultists or chosen marines
12) mice and mystics/reaper mouselings (prepped and mounted to bases) too much to choose from, will see where i go
13)D&D legend of drizzt game (1/10th done) some monsters or adventurers
14) D&D temple of elemental evil game some monsters or adventurers
15)D&D tomb of annihilation game some monsters or adventurers
16) pendraken zombies and survivors (cleaned and prepped and mounted to bases) only zombies left!
17)napoleonic British/Hanoverians painted all artillery this year
18)napoleonic French painted all artillery this year
19)carthago (skirmishers and elefants done, numidians and iberian warbands undercoated) painted some already this year
20) republican rome (slingers done, velites undercoated) painted some already this year
[21)warhammer fantasy dwarf army (on sale at LAF) ]

Will be a tight fit with only limited time left, and maybe setting myself up for failure, but i'll try and make it happen! could be that i skip the great war, still haven't decided if i will replace them with the updated miniatures.