2018 painting challenge: reduce the mountain some more!

Started by petercooman, 30 December 2017, 02:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

Oops my finger slipped and i just ordered:

The Walking Dead: Collector`s Edition
Safety Behind Bars Expansion
Made to Suffer Expansion
Days Gone Bye Expansion
Miles Behind Us Expansion 

Mantic was having a black friday sale that lasted untill now, managed to get the last collectors edition!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Looking forward to convert that ruleset to my 10 mm survivors and zombies!

I was torn up actually, dive in the walking dead game or stay with what i have. (Pendraken zombies and survivors, scifi zombies for deadzone that i have been using, and recently ww2 zombies to combine with my bolt action armies)

In the end the reports about the game show a promising AI and rules that "suits" what i want to do.noise attracts zombies, events add zombies, finding and looting gear is a core of the game, ammo can run out etc...

So i took the plunge. Kind of bummed that you need the supplements to have the full rules but hey,that's life! Got it with a nice saving so that's cool (200 instead of 350ish)

Also picked up the expansion that has the large battle rules so that's where the 10mm will shine!

Maenoferren

Quote from: petercooman on 01 December 2018, 10:34:53 AM
Looking forward to convert that ruleset to my 10 mm survivors and zombies!

I was torn up actually, dive in the walking dead game or stay with what i have. (Pendraken zombies and survivors, scifi zombies for deadzone that i have been using, and recently ww2 zombies to combine with my bolt action armies)

In the end the reports about the game show a promising AI and rules that "suits" what i want to do.noise attracts zombies, events add zombies, finding and looting gear is a core of the game, ammo can run out etc...

So i took the plunge. Kind of bummed that you need the supplements to have the full rules but hey,that's life! Got it with a nice saving so that's cool (200 instead of 350ish)

Also picked up the expansion that has the large battle rules so that's where the 10mm will shine!
I must admit I was very tempted to jump in, but decided at the last minute to ignore the basket. I had read good things about the AI too.
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

petercooman

Quote from: Maenoferren on 07 December 2018, 08:12:19 PM
I must admit I was very tempted to jump in, but decided at the last minute to ignore the basket. I had read good things about the AI too.

Well i ignored the basket at first as well. The sale lasted untill friday at midnight and had been eyeing it since it started. There was one last copy left in the evening, and i ordered it at 11.59 local time. (so 10.59 in the UK)

So, calculated desicion!

petercooman

Painted a bunch of nappies last week that were needed for thursday's game.

95th rifles

rifles officer (right), and a KGL light infantry officer

voltigeurs

french colonels

So,adding 21 models means: 627 models painted !

and i can tick add to the list!
1) epic orcs  5 stands or tanks
2)epic space marines 5 stands or tanks
3) the great war boardgame (germans + british, one entry because they belong togheter)  maybe a few of each to test colour schemes
4)warhammer fantasy orcs and goblins 8 pider riders
5)  warhammer fantasy undead 5 skeleton horsemen done!
6)  LOTR goblins durburz,captains and shamans, maybe cave trolls
7) LOTR numenor only rank and file models left
8 ) LOTR high elves elladan foot and mounted, gil-galad, arwen and a captain
9)  40k imperial guard a squad of 5 ratling snipers i would like to paint
10) 40k dark angels (dark vengeance starter set) a squad of deathwing terminators maybe?
11) 40k chaos (dark vengeance starter set) some cultists or chosen marines
12) mice and mystics/reaper mouselings (prepped and mounted to bases) too much to choose from, will see where i go
13)D&D legend of drizzt game (1/10th done) 3 hunting drakes and two feral trolls done
14) D&D temple of elemental evil game 3 bugbears and 3 hobgoblin soldiers done
15)D&D tomb of annihilation game stone juggernaut and vegepygmies done!
16) pendraken zombies and survivors (cleaned and prepped and mounted to bases) only zombies left!
17)napoleonic British/Hanoverians painted all artillery this year + 95th rifles for SDS
18)napoleonic French painted all artillery this year + voltigeurs for SDS
19)carthago (skirmishers and elefants done, numidians and iberian warbands undercoated) painted some already this year
20) republican rome (slingers done, velites undercoated) painted some already this year
21) undead pirate warband
22) german nazi zombies for fear and faith
23) bunch of scenery everything finished!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

petercooman

petercooman

Quote from: paulr on 09 December 2018, 04:28:49 AM
:-bd =D> :-bd

You'veacheived a lot this year =D> =D>

Could have done more, but kind of hit a barrier the last two months. Hope i can get some more stuff done over the holidays.

Currently i'm waiting on the walking dead package i ordered and i know i'll dive right in, so seems kind of stupid to start something and then let it drop :)

Still i'll try to get something going this evening, maybe some undercoating, that is never wasted!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

petercooman

Some progress made, got these two done for my moria goblins army:

So,adding 2 models means: 629 models painted !

and i can tick add to the list!
1) epic orcs  5 stands or tanks
2)epic space marines 5 stands or tanks
3) the great war boardgame (germans + british, one entry because they belong togheter)  maybe a few of each to test colour schemes
4)warhammer fantasy orcs and goblins 8 pider riders
5)  warhammer fantasy undead 5 skeleton horsemen done!
6)  LOTR goblins durburz,captains and shamans cave trolls done
7) LOTR numenor only rank and file models left
8 ) LOTR high elves elladan foot and mounted, gil-galad, arwen and a captain
9)  40k imperial guard a squad of 5 ratling snipers i would like to paint
10) 40k dark angels (dark vengeance starter set) a squad of deathwing terminators maybe?
11) 40k chaos (dark vengeance starter set) some cultists or chosen marines
12) mice and mystics/reaper mouselings (prepped and mounted to bases) too much to choose from, will see where i go
13)D&D legend of drizzt game (1/10th done) 3 hunting drakes and two feral trolls done
14) D&D temple of elemental evil game 3 bugbears and 3 hobgoblin soldiers done
15)D&D tomb of annihilation game stone juggernaut and vegepygmies done!
16) pendraken zombies and survivors (cleaned and prepped and mounted to bases) only zombies left!
17)napoleonic British/Hanoverians painted all artillery this year + 95th rifles for SDS
18)napoleonic French painted all artillery this year + voltigeurs for SDS
19)carthago (skirmishers and elefants done, numidians and iberian warbands undercoated) painted some already this year
20) republican rome (slingers done, velites undercoated) painted some already this year
21) undead pirate warband
22) german nazi zombies for fear and faith
23) bunch of scenery everything finished!

Techno

Duke Speedy of Leighton