2018 painting challenge: reduce the mountain some more!

Started by petercooman, 30 December 2017, 02:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: petercooman on 22 April 2018, 01:31:19 AM
Yup. Guess i was too busy smearing mud all over it   ;D
Smear on more mud, no one will know!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Quote from: mad lemmey on 22 April 2018, 10:05:56 AM
Smear on more mud, no one will know!

Actually i smeared more mud on the underside of the track guards.  And everywhere  :D

I alsof painted the straps  and all straps and belts on the infantry. Hoping to get them done by the end of next week.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

petercooman

I do my best!

Today i had the first taste of terror. Was in the middle of painting those straps, while the little one was supposed to be doing her afternoon nap, when after an hour  my wife said : i'm taking her back out of bed, she won't sleep.

Almost over with afternoon painting time!!!  ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X(

petercooman

So nothing has happened on these during the week, but with a 5 day leave from work, i hope i can get these done!

Although i have got a message that my parcel from warlord games will arrive on monday, so there might be some "lag"  :D

I went in on the deal on terminator genisys last weekend. Getting the base game, a box of resistance fighters and a box of endoskeletons, another sprue of each of the former, an extra rulebook, the deluxe playmat, an endoskeleton heavy weapon booster and the John Connor and Lt booster.

Maybe i can get the panzergrenadiers done by sunday evening, so i can 'flow' right through and get cracking on assembling terminators!

petercooman

28 April 2018, 12:23:12 PM #140 Last Edit: 28 April 2018, 12:24:49 PM by petercooman
Forgot to ask,Anybody else who owns the terminator game, or did somebody play it?

I have read it's Alessio Cavatore's best and most streamlined game so far. The playthrough on beasts of war looks promising!

I like his rules design and actually play a lot of his games: LOTR strategy battle game, kings of war , and bolt action gives a nice game as well (although it's a bit "gamey" for WW2, it is great when playing as a group, with some nice banter).

Too bad it was a bit of a "miss" for them. Lots of the interesting stuff is out of stock, and it looks like it is dying. Getting that bundle deal on warlord games was a bit with mixed feelings actually, as it feels a bit like a closeout sale. Always a sad thing if a game (or line) fails to shine. Especially if 99% of the reviews/playthrough's are positive. But that's the risk of tying your product to a license/movie. IF the movie gets bad ratings, you probably suffer from it.

petercooman

So, no love for the terminator game?

In other news:

Managed to get them done by the end of the weekend like i was hoping!

mg 42 team

command team

two 5-man rifle squads with lmg

a rifle squad with a couple of stg44's

So,adding 21 model means: 151 models painted and 6 forces done:

1) pirates   20
2) privateers 10
3) British forces to battle the pirates 19
4) bolt action USMC  33
5)  bolt action IJA 33
6) bolt action germans 21
7) bolt action US airborne 30
8 ) deadzone marauder warband 8-9?
9) deadzone plague zombies mob 30
10) unknown

Decks are cleared, ready to start assembling terminator models tomorrow  :D

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

Well done that man =D> =D> =D>

But, but... what about the US Airbourne :-\ ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

lowlylowlycook

All I know about the Terminator game is watching that same Beast of War video so I can't really help you there. 

It is interesting how many existing IPs get miniatures games released these days.

Germans are looking good.

petercooman

Quote from: paulr on 30 April 2018, 12:35:10 AM

But, but... what about the US Airbourne :- ;)

They are next on the list, after i assemble the new"shiny"

Quote from: lowlylowlycook on 30 April 2018, 05:17:14 AM

It is interesting how many existing IPs get miniatures games released these days.

Germans are looking good.

Yes a lot of interesting stuff coming out. Bad for the wallet  ;D

Techno

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Thanks guys!

The standard of my painting is slowly getting worse though, bit tired of all the camo colours. Feels like i'm rushing through. After the us airborne, it might be time for someting completely different! (or maybe i can sneak something in before i start them?)

Smoking gun

I've got the Terminator game, bought the bigger boxed set with the full rule book and ltd ed Lt figure when it was on sale last year, I then bought the smaller box off a cut price website for around £7. I've not seen the Genisis film so I can't comment on the accuracy of the resistance figures but to me they seen too uniform so I'm planning to mix in some of the ex Wargame Factory Survivor figures and convert some plastic figures into infiltrator terminators using bits from the terminators as the exposed metal skeleton.

There's a lot of stuff on the River Horse website.

Still haven't played it yet or painted the figures I have assembled.

Regards,

Martin
Now they've knocked me down and taken it, that still hot and smoking gun.

petercooman

Quote from: Smoking gun on 30 April 2018, 11:31:16 AM
I've got the Terminator game, bought the bigger boxed set with the full rule book and ltd ed Lt figure when it was on sale last year, I then bought the smaller box off a cut price website for around £7. I've not seen the Genisis film so I can't comment on the accuracy of the resistance figures but to me they seen too uniform so I'm planning to mix in some of the ex Wargame Factory Survivor figures and convert some plastic figures into infiltrator terminators using bits from the terminators as the exposed metal skeleton.

There's a lot of stuff on the River Horse website.

Still haven't played it yet or painted the figures I have assembled.

Regards,

Martin

I have the big one as well. Already planned to cannibalize a crawler to make an infiltrator or two. Guessing i can make a "gunslinger" terminator with two rifles from leftover guns from the resistance fighters.

speaking of the resistance fighters, i will see if they can take a head from a bolt action kit. I have quite some bareheaded and  service cap heads leftover so maybe i can give them a bit more individuality!

the terminator models are actually pretty nice, i just assembled a couple to see how they look!