Post Apocalyptic Law Stronghold

Started by Terry37, 29 December 2017, 02:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

Well, although I cannot deny that the Mad Max movies have played a MAJOR part of my army creation (a real plus factor for the HOTT rules - if you can think, then you can probably game it with them). Due to available figures, my story takes place in the US. So I am guessing my Road Warriors are more like biker gangs gone bad, or some such. Off and on I have been writing a short back story to this venture to help explain it a bit. Here's the first paragraph that may give some insight.

The apocalypse, yes there was an apocalypse. How long ago had it been now, but more importantly exactly what was it.  Was it radiation from the bombs, or viruses from  chemical weapons, or some other overwhelming agent of catastrophe. Those who remained weren't sure they could remember any more, they just knew there had been an apocalypse. In fact they couldn't forget that because for too long now the world was no longer as it had been before this time. Perhaps as new generations, who didn't know of the world before, grew up in these post apocalyptic times a new and more wholesome environment might evolve. But only maybe and only time would tell.

Pictures very soon,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

toxicpixie

I'm reminded of "Knights of God"  whenever this sort of background comes up - 1980's UK TV series, there's not really been an apocalypse as such, things just... fell apart... and now the religious fanatics run the show.

Very inspirational! And now I want to game it :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_of_God
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Techno

Don't think I ever saw that one.  :-\

Cheers - Phil

Terry37

14 February 2018, 02:55:17 AM #33 Last Edit: 14 February 2018, 03:16:18 AM by Terry37
It's finally done and I had some sun today so was able to take some pictures of the finished Law Stronghold. This was a really fun project, and one that kept growing as I was working it, i.e. I kept seeing things I could do to add to it. Plenty of very tiny bits, but I am thinking the stop sign on the gate was the toughest. Took 4 tries before I got one that I felt was acceptable. It's only 3 MM across and the decal is only 2 MM across! Took about 6 weeks to complete entire model. The model is 6 MM scale and sits on a 60 x 80 MM base.

Again, the building is  a modified Leven model, the police cruiser and semi trailer are modified Irregular models, the police officers are from Dark Star (they're supposed to be space guys - but with a different paint job made dandy police in riot gear), the Jersey walls and the two barrels are Perfect Six, the corrugated metal for the walls is cut from plastic sheeting,  and the tires are wooden beads I got off EBay from Australia. The lamp post, spotlights in the back, and flood lights on the large  front sign are hand made, and the barbed wire is very thin copper wire stripped from a short piece of electrical cord I got at the hardware store. The decals are all custom made from Miscellaneous Miniatures. The street is matt board from an art picture framing shop, and the sidewalk is bass wood sealed and sanded smooth.

OK, now it's off to the next  project!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

It's been interesting watching this develop, thanks for sharing :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Great to see the finished result, which is awesome!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Great job, Terry !!  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

Looks really quite splendid with all the extra detailing and weathering completed. The best part is that it tells a story which can be endlessly modified and extended. Nice work, Terry! Bravo!
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

fred.

Great work Terry, All the little extras really make the final model come together
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

far4ngn

Great work.... I didn't realise Dark star were still around

Smoking gun

Now they've knocked me down and taken it, that still hot and smoking gun.