The 3:10 to Yeovil - an AVBCW AAR

Started by Steve J, 10 December 2017, 05:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

An armoured train and an armoured canal boat :) :) :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

petercooman

Nice!!!

How did you make the roads and town footprint?

Sunray

Outstanding !   The freedom of this type of game has an attraction all its own.   :-bd

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Great report.
Shouldn't it be the award winning AV7?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

QuoteShouldn't it be the award winning AV7?

Yep, should have mentioned that Will :-[.

QuoteOutstanding !   The freedom of this type of game has an attraction all its own.

Thanks Sunray :). One of the reasons I love this 'period', is that you can use pretty much any toys you want. Ditto camo schemes, unit names etc.

QuoteHow did you make the roads and town footprint?

They are made from 2mm mdf Peter, painted a base colour and then speckled with some lighter and darker shades of the base colour. Easy to do at work as I have a full spray room to play with :).

QuoteAn armoured train and an armoured canal boat

Glad you like them Paul and lovely toys to be able to put on the table.

d_Guy

Yup! Really like the T35, the only tank I can recognize on sight! Actually bought two of them awhile back with no clear idea what to do with them.
Sleep with clean hands ...

petercooman

Techno

Sunray

Quote from: Steve J on 10 December 2017, 07:41:22 PM

Thanks Sunray :). One of the reasons I love this 'period', is that you can use pretty much any toys you want. Ditto camo schemes, unit names etc.

Agreed.  The same with me and "fictional" Bush Wars.  If set in the 1950s/60s you get the play with a lot of WW2 kit in scenarios that don't arise in conventional "real war" gaming.

Like pitting a Valentine IX against a Chaffee .... :)

sunjester

Great looking game. We really must get some AVBCW games in with BKC2 again. It's been a while and I know the guys have painted up a load of canals and armoured barges that have not been on the table yet