Techno, with his latest fashion tip.

Started by Techno, 08 December 2017, 11:08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Fake fingernails.  :)

Having crushed a thumbnail with a heavy duty rat trap, a few months ago (as I've already mentioned) I reached the stage where the top half of said nail was so b*ggered, it was ready to tear off....Which I wanted to avoid, if possible.....I've done it before, and I loathe effectively having no nail on my right thumb.
Can't believe how much it's needed, in normal day to day situations.

Causing HUGE merriment in the local pharmacy, (I'm sure it'll make you sods laugh too) I bought a box of plain ladies fake nails to protect the thumbnail. This worked...But there were only two nails, out of a box of two dozen that were of any use.....Effectively £2.50 each.  X_X

Good old Amazon.....I found 'Mens'' size false nails at £9 for a hundred.....And I'll be able to use at least 40 of them, once they're trimmed down. Folk have found these are great for 'guitar picking'.

They're also transparent, which means I don't look like all the blood's gone from the end of the digit like it did with the ladies' nails. Cyanosis, anyone ?

Normal abuse welcome  ;D ;D.....Welcome back, Nobby. Hope everything is well, Matey.

If I get the time, I might paint the next one, I use......What do you fancy....A skull ?....Any other ideas ?....I don't care if I look a muppet....Won't make any difference, anyway. :P

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Well, if it's a muppet you want, it's got to be Gonzo!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

As an refored guitarist, I'd use a finger pick, or just grow my nails.

Seems to me that men who want false fingernails may have other modish aspirations. I exclude you from this. You're just one of nature's outliers.

Thank you for the welcome back. I've not really been anywhere, just lurking. Bit gutted not to have entered the painting comp, and feeling the waves of disappoinment/relief/love* that I am not committed to a Pendrakenmas effort. 

As for painting the nail, I believe there is a fashion for ladies to have their nails painted as lady parts.** This may just be in Australia, and may be difficult to explain to the good Mrs Techno.*** 

* delete as applicable
** if you Google that and your better half catches you, don't blame me
*** That makes it sound as if there's a bad Mrs Techno who hasn't been let out the attic for the past 35 years
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

I used to play guitar too, Nobby.  :)

Used to have a set of 'slip on' picks......They were rubbish !!  ;D ;D ;D

(And I'm NOT Googling 'lady parts'.)  :P

Cheers - Phil

Ace of Spades

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

ErHo

Honestly surprised you didnt make a new nail out of greenstuff
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

Techno

I WAS going to use some Sylmasta putty.  :)

Though they don't make all the different colours that they used to.....I've still got all I need to make a light purple/pink that I could get very close to the shade of my nail....and then 'Slap it in the gaps' ;D ;D ;D

Easier (cheaper) to buy some transparent wossnames.

Cheers - Phil

fsn

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

d_Guy

Sleep with clean hands ...

Techno

Quote from: fsn on 08 December 2017, 04:05:10 PM
Could you Superglue your thumb?

That's what you use to stick the fake nail on with, Nobby.....I HAVE been using clear nail varnish....But it doesn't help a great deal.

(Regarding the glue........Super thin 'Zap' doesn't work.  ;D ;D ;D....For a change, I had to nick something that Von had bought.....Gorilla superglue.......She's always borrowing dental tools or my mini cutters, so I thought that was fair enough !!)

Bill.....That thumb is a damn sight worse than mine !! AAARGH !! (Silly sod should have done what I do, and drill through the crushed bit with a pin vise to let the blood behind the nail out.)

Cheers - Phil

Orcs

Quote from: fsn on 08 December 2017, 12:32:25 PM

As for painting the nail, I believe there is a fashion for ladies to have their nails painted as lady parts.** This may just be in Australia,

How on earth did you find this out ?. Or shouldn't I ask?

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Don't believe - Phil and fashion !!!!  :o :o
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

Techno

I an NOT clicking on that !!  X_X X_X X_X X_X X_X  :P

Cheers - Phil

ErHo

Quote from: Techno on 09 December 2017, 04:27:10 PM
I an NOT clicking on that !!  X_X X_X X_X X_X X_X  :P

Cheers - Phil

I clicked on it, and it's as mentally scarring at you might imagine!   I think it's some miniature spawn of Cthulhu....
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer