Techno AWOL again soon.

Started by Techno, 30 November 2017, 09:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

X_X

When I was last in t'ospital earlier in the year.....I got woken....not by the nurses....but by a bloody alarm 'bleeper' on the stand with the drip.
That felt like every hour or so.  (:| (:| (:| (:|

I managed to suss out which button I needed to press to stop the damn thing, before the nurse heard it, and came and switched it off.)

The final night I was there, there was some poor old chap who was completely confused/senile/drugged up (a couple of 'wards' along the corridor.....The 'wards' only had four people in each one, and weren't far apart)

Poor sod thought he was still in his own home, and kept shouting at the nurses....."Who ARE you.....Get out of my house....I'll call the police if you don't **** off."....OVER AND OVER.

Kept 'my' little ward amused for hours, until about 4o'clock in the morning.

What fun !!

Cheers - Phil

toxicpixie

I was in for an op my ankle a while back, and Selly Oak Hospital was also the Centre for Defence Medicine, so the wards had injured servicemen (and presumably women, but I was on a chaps only ward!) who'd been flown back as serious cases from Iraq/Afghanistan.

I don't think anyone got much sleep, but from the sound of it, was much much worse for them than the rest of us :(

The regular nurses had considerable help from military trainees, who were all very smart, keen and polite, but all looked about twelve :/
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Womble67

Hope all goes well mate.

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Once again.

Many thanks, Guys.

Be off for the CT scan soon. (I feel I'm wasting NHS dosh for this one....as what they're checking is almost certainly not in the slightest threatening !)
Just hoping I don't have to come back and see the district nurses re this frigging catheter, when we come back from Haverford West.....It's playing mega silly b*ggers, this morning.

Hey Ho ! (Again)

Cheers - Phil

Heedless Horseman

All the best.
(Was going to post a pic of a 'Curly Straw'   :d  but still can't figure out how to do it!)   ;)
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Techno

Orcs

Last time I was in hospital (when I was about 20) I had on one of those paper theatre gowns and paper underwear- very fetching.

Anyway the paper underwear was a bit on the small size and when the  nurse came to give me the pre-op jab in my behind she went to move the paper underwear out of the way , and it ripped, not just a little bit but all the way to the elastic.   Nurse said " Whoops I have ripped your pants off "  I  replied " Your a bit keen, but its the best offer I have had today". We were both laughing so much she had to go and get a colleague to give me the jab.

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

ErHo

Quote from: Orcs on 04 December 2017, 02:06:00 PM
Last time I was in hospital (when I was about 20) I had on one of those paper theatre gowns and paper underwear- very fetching.

Anyway the paper underwear was a bit on the small size and when the  nurse came to give me the pre-op jab in my behind she went to move the paper underwear out of the way , and it ripped, not just a little bit but all the way to the elastic.   Nurse said " Whoops I have ripped your pants off "  I  replied " Your a bit keen, but its the best offer I have had today". We were both laughing so much she had to go and get a colleague to give me the jab.

I work for IT in a hospital and often have to scrub up and go into the operating rooms, and since I sport a beard, they make me wear a beard net....yes they exist, yes they are paper, and yes they look ridiculous!    ;D
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

Techno

PHOTO !!!!!.......NOW !!!

We demand it !!  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

ErHo

Quote from: Techno on 04 December 2017, 04:39:24 PM
PHOTO !!!!!.......NOW !!!

We demand it !!  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

You asked for it...  LOL
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

toxicpixie

Is the insane expression NHS standard as well as the tasteful mask?!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

paulr

A beard net.... but no hair net :-/
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

ErHo

Quote from: paulr on 04 December 2017, 07:43:12 PM
A beard net.... but no hair net :-/

I wasnt going to get all suited up just for the one pic!  I'll give you a full body shot next time I have to go in!

- Rimmer

Techno

Very fetching, though !!

Cheers - Phil

Ace of Spades

When I worked in the food packaging for my company I had to wear a hair net... but I shave my head... and they didn't have beard nets... and I do have a 6" goatee with moustache... so imagine that. Well, that was the first thing on my 'to-do' list then.

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!