Techno AWOL again soon.

Started by Techno, 30 November 2017, 09:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

Glad you are home. Typical that you brought a bug home with you, that's the trouble with hospitals, they are full of sick people!

Techno

Many thanks all.

It really is wonderful to be back. #:-S

Feel a little more 'with it' than I did yesterday.

Must admit I'm a teeny bit disappointed with the outcome so far.....But that may be me being a bit impatient and expecting things to mend quicker than they're likely to.
Still got the catheter in my belly to do a 'final drain' each time I need to go to the loo...(For a while I had a second catheter, as well).......The 'belly catheter' will hopefully get removed in a few weeks time, PROVIDED I'm not still retaining too much urine in my bladder.

The procedure itself wasn't too bad, but didn't go absolutely perfectly, as the spinal block didn't work as it should have done, because of the curve in my spine, where I've got the b*ggered disc....The anaesthetic didn't want to follow the usual path, so I ended up having a 'double dose'.

FINALLY...When I couldn't lift my legs/feet and couldn't feel anything when matey was prodding me with something like a cocktail stick we were good to go.

Watching the screen as I got 'scraped', was interesting for about 10 minutes.....But then got a bit (very) boring.
After 20 minutes (?) the spinal block started wearing off at the top of 'numb' area, and I could feel the surgeon poking some sort of suction device inside the bladder......(This was there to remove the bits that were being scraped off.)

This sensation went from uncomfortable to being rather painful, and for the final 20 minutes or so I was lying there, gritting my teeth and willing the surgeon to finish asap.

Got nothing but praise for the nurses that looked after me !

First night was a bit of a sod, a they had to wake me every two hours and check my blood pressure, as I'd had a double dose of spinal block......and there was someone making a lot of noise in a room close by.....I don't think I got more than half an hours sleep that night. (:|

Was really peed off when my temperature started going up, as that delayed me being able to come home.

Anyway....It dropped down to normal after about 36 hours....... but as I was sitting ready to come home yesterday, one of the Doc's came into the day room with the news that they HAD cultured some sort of bug in the 'bloods' they'd taken, and gave me some antibiotics to take for the next few days.

There's an awful lot more I could bore you with...... ;D ;D ;D ;D......but I'll call that it for now.

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

A saga worth telling! Rest and mend well
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

That all sounds "fun"!

Good to be back home, hospitals are not serene places for recovery :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Westmarcher

Glad to see you finally got out, Phil. At least that part is now over with - although, a bit of a sod, to say the least, that the anaesthetic started wearing off 20 - 30 minutes into the procedure - must make you think what the pre-anaesthetic days were like in most of the historical eras we wargame in.  :'( 

Onwards and upwards (on second thoughts, in view of what you have just gone through, maybe just "onwards"?  :-[ ).
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Danm - more bloody flowers wasted !!!! Good news Phil !
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Matt J

Welcome back Phil, glad you are on the mend

(although a suction pump on the bladder sounds a bit like misadventure to me)
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Techno

Thanks, again, gang !!  :)

The actual suction action of whatever it was, wasn't the problem (I think), Matt.
It was the apparent rather forcible way it seemed to be being poked around......At least, that's what it felt like.

I'm sure that was a complete misperception. It just felt like that, at the time.

Have to admit that I'm feeling somewhat down, at the moment, because everything seems to have taken a good few steps backwards from the time I left the hospital.  :(
I expect (hope) it's just the healing process b*ggering things up for a while, and I'll get the real benefit in the next week or two.

Cheers - Phil

Matt J

Its a bloke thing Phil, If you are anything like me its like I've had the operation now, I'm suppose to be good now, I should be doing stuff, I can't be asked with this hanging around and healing
properly stuff! A mere flesh wound!

Just rest up chap all will be good in time. And if you do feel like pushing putty, I've been waiting for the new Dacians for a couple of years now.....
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Womble67

Yeah just take it easy mate rest and recuperation is what you need

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Westmarcher

Chin up, Phil. Early days yet. But if it gets too much or you feel something's not right, don't be backward in coming forward in letting the medics know. All the best.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

DanJ

Techno

Thanks again gang. :)

As I said.....I just seem to have taken a good few backwards steps since I came home...and I'm really back to the same point I was at, before I had the 'scraping'.

It doesn't truly bother me if I end up with the tube in my belly for the rest of my life. I'm just disappointed that at the moment the 'op' doesn't seem to have worked very well.
It could be something to do with the new drugs I was prescribed and have only been taking since I got back to Techno Towers.

If it's still the same in about a fortnight, I'll assume it hasn't worked.....and just go from there.

Still.... gotta give things a chance to heal and settle.
Not feeling so 'miffed' today.  ;)

Cheers - Phil

ErHo

Is this the look youre going for?    I wouldnt mind looking like that

"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

Techno

Bit too smart for me.  ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil