Techno AWOL again soon.

Started by Techno, 30 November 2017, 09:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Quote from: Ithoriel on 30 November 2017, 11:34:51 AM

Waiting for the results of a pelvic x-ray myself.
I think that many gathered here are getting to that sort of age! Hopefully it increases the empathy/ sympathy to be found here.

Sorry, Mike  :-[....I meant to say, the very best of luck with the results of your X-Ray !!!

Thanks, Westie and Nick.....I'm expecting to feel sore, bruised and battered, for a few days....But hopefully no worse than that.

Cheers - Phil

Orcs

Thanks for the update. Yet another thing to look forward to in my old age  :(

Hope it all goes smoothly and they get you sorted out properly. At least you will have had a rest. No shovelling Ge Gee poo for a few days.

All the best

Mark

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

d_Guy

May all this get sorted out and you get great results, Phil. (Don't forget to ask for ice cream when it's over! - yes I know, but why not?)

Best wishes for you as well, Ithoriel.

Bill
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Leon

Hope everything goes OK and take it easy for a few days afterwards, I know it's hard to do but stop working for a bit!

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

ErHo

Take care up there, and dont bother the nurses too much?    :D
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

Techno

Thanks, again, chaps !
Quote from: ErHo on 30 November 2017, 03:21:11 PM

Take care up there, and dont bother the nurses too much?    :D

At least I won't have to go and see the surgery nurse so often/again ?
I think the poor lass thinks I've been stalking her, as I've seen her so many times in the past two or three months.

From what I gather, the nurses in the hospital will be running around like flies with blue bottoms after I've had the 'op', changing the drips, and emptying the wee bag more than a few times during the first day/night I'm in there.
I'll take my tiny little DAB radio in with me so I can keep up with something from the outside World......I don't think I'll get much sleep the first night.

Quote from: Leon on 30 November 2017, 02:54:59 PM
I know it's hard to do but stop working for a bit !

Nooooooo chance......I can't afford to, at the moment. :D

Cheers - Phil

paulr

Hope all goes well for both Phil & Ithoriel
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

That all sounds like great fun, fingers crossed for speedy and comfy and working results!

Not taking the putty, dremel and dollies in, Phil? Bet the painkillers and anaesthetic will make for some interesting figures :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Risaldar Singh

All the best with the "procedure" and I wish you a prompt recovery.

fsn

In my head ...

Good luck. Hope it all goes well.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

Best wishes Phil.

You are having a good go at getting value from the NHS.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

sunjester

Best wishes to both of you in your medical adventures!

DFlynSqrl

Doesn't sound like fun, so I hope it all goes well and you can be done with all that mess!   :)

Techno

Thanks, again guys.

Forbes.

I certainly AM getting good treatment from the NHS.

Nobby.

You're an OIK.

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Techno on 30 November 2017, 06:05:20 PM

I'll take my tiny little DAB radio in with me so I can keep up with something from the outside World......I don't think I'll get much sleep the first night.

From my experience none at all, they woke my up every 2 hrs to take a blood sample.

Enjoy.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021