Techno AWOL again soon.

Started by Techno, 30 November 2017, 09:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Just so's I don't forget to post this until it's too late......

I'll be absent for a while from Friday the 15th of Dec, as I've at last heard that that's when my 'procedure' is to be carried out. (As long as it doesn't get cancelled.... it's hardly life threatening...Not even a general anaesthetic ......Just a nerve block in the spine.)

I'll give you the gory details later......Though it will come with a warning that some of you will find that it's FAR too much information....and probably won't want to read it.
The handful of those that already know what's going to be done have winced.....(Don't deny it.....I know you did to start with.)

Also got the delights of another CT scan on my lungs tomorrow......Hey Ho !!  ;)

Cheers - Phil

petercooman

Good luck then Phil!

Will you be back for the christmass shenanigans?

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Flowers or charity donation Phil ?
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Sunray

As long as they don't mess with your talented hand and eyesight the future of 10mm wargaming  figures is secure.

Seriously Phil, best wishes and haste ye back !   :-bd

Kindest Regards

James

FierceKitty

Quote from: Sunray on 30 November 2017, 10:47:00 AM
   As long as they don't mess with your talented hand and eyesight the future of 10mm wargaming  figures is secure.

Seriously Phil, best wishes and haste ye back !   :-bd

Kindest Regards

James

It's OK, he's done the Mexicans. ;)
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

petercooman

Quote from: FierceKitty on 30 November 2017, 11:03:47 AM
It's OK, he's done the Mexicans. ;)

Yes, let's hope those didn't damage his eyes...

Ithoriel

All the best with that Phil, whatever it is.

Waiting for the results of a pelvic x-ray myself.

I think that many gathered here are getting to that sort of age! Hopefully it increases the empathy/ sympathy to be found here.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Ace of Spades

Good luck Phil and a speedy recovery!

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sunray

Quote from: Ithoriel on 30 November 2017, 11:34:51 AM

I think that many gathered here are getting to that sort of age! Hopefully it increases the empathy/ sympathy to be found here.

+ 1

Subedai

Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Quote from: Ithoriel on 30 November 2017, 11:34:51 AM

You mean early 30ies?  :D

Techno

Thanks, Gents. :)

Now.....

PREVIOUSLY ON NCIS TECHNO'S TROUBLES.

(Don't read on if you're likely to find "Mens' Problems" vexing in any way.)

From the point I bored you all with the travails of having a grossly enlarged bladder, and having to stick a 'straw' up my little chum so that I could wee more comfortably.
I think the last thing I told you was that I'd had to go to A&E one evening, because instead of urine coming out of the 'straw', it was just fresh blood....and quite a lot of it.

In A&E, they attempted to 'unblock' everything, without any success....... So the consultant stuck a hypodermic needle in my belly and said, "Well...That's just urine coming out", and then proceeded to give me half a dozen local anaesthetic jabs in my belly, made a hole, and then inserted a 'supra pubic catheter'.....(look it up if you really want to know. ;)) :-&

This wasn't uncomfortable or painful....But did feel 'odd' for the first couple of weeks, until I got used to it...Especially when trying to go to sleep.

This worked fine for two or three months....and I knew it wasn't going to be there for longer than necessary.....But recently the damn thing has kept blocking up, and instead of having it changed every ten weeks of so, I've had to go and see the nurse every two or three weeks to have a new one put in.

When I saw another consultant, I was informed that the plan would be to 'shave' my grossly enlarged prostate by sticking 'something' up you know where and performing 'surgery' without any really invasive action.
"Couldn't I simply go back to the 'straws' ?", said I.
"No.....Because you almost certainly stabbed your prostate, the last time you used one, and that's why you bled so much."
"Oh....Fair enough." :-[

You're now up to date.  ;)

With all the problems I've had recently with the 'blocking'....I can't wait to get it sorted out....Though I'm not REALLY looking forward to the procedure itself......(I'll be awake while they do it....And it's going to feel really weird being paralysed from the waist down for six hours or so.)

Apparently, after they've done the deed, I'll be attached to oodles of drips to continuously flush my bladder, and I'll be allowed home once there's no, (or next to no) blood coming out. This shows things are healing properly.

Theoretically, it's in on the Friday...have the procedure the same day....Lie in bed all day Saturday 'being flushed'.....And home on the Monday, all being well !!

There you go....Who's got their legs crossed.  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

Westmarcher

30 November 2017, 12:59:58 PM #13 Last Edit: 30 November 2017, 01:02:54 PM by Westmarcher
Good luck, Phil. Hope it's quick, successful and as pain free as possible.

p.s. sitting with fingers and legs crossed!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.