Test using imager

Started by Leman, 27 November 2017, 12:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

I am going to have a go at posting with this service to see if it is any smoother than tiny pics.

Great start - went on to the main page and nowhere is there something to click to upload. Went on the help page and nowhere does it explain in lay terms how to upload a photo.

Any help, bearing in mind I NEED LAY TERMS? Assume nothing when explaining this kind of stuff.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Think if you click on he image you will get a menu, will have a look on SOTCW forum, and copy the tutorial on there for you.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Hope this copy works -

This tutorial will explain how to upload a single image to imgur.com and add it to a forum post.

You do not need an account at imgur.com, so this is a useful option if you don't already have anywhere to upload photos. You can register at imgur, but you don't have to.
Go to imgur.com and click on the arrow next to the New post button at the top of the page. Click Upload Images

Upload the image. You can drag & drop the image, or click browse your computer and choose the image from the dialogue box. It will upload automatically.
When it has finished uploading (wait until the Processing message disappears), move your mouse over the image. A bar will appear. Click the arrow next to the Copy button. Click Get share links.

Click the bottom-left Copy button, under BBCode (Forums)

Go to your forum post, and press CTRL-V (or right-click and select paste) to paste the code from your computer's clipboard to the post. The code will be something like this:

Russell Phillips
Shilka Publishing
20% discount for SOTCW members - see The Journal for details

Ok but like I thought it left off the piccies, sorry
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

thanks a lot Ian. I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Leman

Right then, another go:

/img]

Leman

Leman

Sod it! Life's too fecking short!!@!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

d_Guy

Just get yourself one of the free blogs, mate, and be done with it. Yes, you have to learn a few new thinks but if me and Lemmy can do it, any one can. Can I get an amen, Mr Lemmy?
Sleep with clean hands ...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

Quote from: Leman on 27 November 2017, 01:55:37 PM
And again;

/img]

Leman, your code looks like this (I've replaced all the [] brackets with {} ones so you can see what I'm talking about)

{img}]http://{img}https://i.imgur.com/CKYYVT7.jpg{/img}/img}

it should look like this (again you need [] brackets to replace the {} ones I've used below)

{img}https://i.imgur.com/CKYYVT7.jpg{/img}

Is it possible you are clicking the "picture" icon then adding the Imgur link into the middle?

Copying the Imgur link is all that is needed I think

Nice picture by the way

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

d_Guy

Quote from: Leman on 27 November 2017, 01:55:37 PM
And again;

Hi Leman. I stripped the url string even further (the way I would form it from my blog):

The string ( without the image brackets ) appears below (as a link to your pic):
https://i.imgur.com/CKYYVT7.jpg

d_Guy

Sorry Ithoriel, I just realized that what I did is identical to what you had already posted!

Leman

Haven't a bloody clue what you are all talking about. Enjoy the picture as there won't be any more.

d_Guy

Hi Leman - I often feel that way about all the tech crap we have to deal with on an ever increasing basis  :)
I happen to like the pictures you post here and really want to see more. You have helped me on this forum multiple times (and will again I'm sure) :)

Part of the problem in giving examples of the code tags this forum uses is that the post editor interprets (reads them as an instruction and does it) so we had to try ways around that...clearly obfuscating the matter further.
I found the necessary tags to prevent that from happening so I can show everything as it would appear in the forum editor screen.

Here is your picture formatted to display in a forum post.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/CKYYVT7.jpg[/img]

This part
https://i.imgur.com/CKYYVT7.jpg
Is the unique address of your picture (which I called a "url") and is assigned by imgur.
Finding that unique address should be easy but often isn't. Most online picture storage has a tool, usually a pushable button, to give you the unique address of the picture you are looking at.  This can then be copied and pasted to the forum. I have never used imgur so don't know where that tool might be. There are other possible ways but the one described is first and best.

This part:
[img]    [/img]
Is supplied by the forum editor. Best way I've found is to paste in the unique address, highlight the whole thing and then press the picture icon. That will stick the image tags at front and end. The image tags tell the editor to interpret what it finds between them as a picture and to display it.

I hope this helps. I'm a stubborn old fart and WILL beat it into submission for you.  :)

Redstef

I use Imgur after the photobucket debacle.
click on the image you want and it will put up a larger view with links to it on the right hand side (image link, direct link ect). Click on the copy button next to 'BBCode'.
then paste this to the thread either by right click paste or 'ctrl V'

"From each according to ability, to each according to need" Karl Marx.............I really need those figures

2015 Painting Competition - People's Choice!
2016 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 4 x Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner, 1 x Runner-Up!