Battleground Photos!

Started by Leon, 26 November 2017, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred.

Well said.

Kallistra have managed to link their name to Hammerhead show pretty effectively I think.

I really must try and get across next year.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Roy

Quote from: Westmarcher on 29 November 2017, 11:32:37 AM
I think you should do more to ensure the name, Pendraken Miniatures, is in their faces - so much that they leave the show with no doubt (including Williamson  :P ) about who organised and sponsored it.  

;D

In my defence, I was just too lazy to look. I knew who organised it, ran it, funded it (didn't know who was helping out on the day, though), and I can generally recognise the people putting on the games from either their faces, or the game itself, so don't look at the show banners / show pamphlets / game signs. Too much of a casual attitude due to familiarity to the event, obviously. Packing up on Saturday night, I did spot a "Minibits" logo on the bottom of a Show Banner outside the front door, so I can't be that unobservant  :-B :P

I did forget to do a couple of things though.

1/ donate some money to the SSAFA charity, since I didn't pay to get in.  :(   [I was only standing next to their stand for the majority of the day, so I really do need to look at myself!]

2/ make a statement on my blog post about where the credit for the show should be directed / thank Pendraken - Minibits for the show.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Leon

Quote from: Westmarcher on 29 November 2017, 11:32:37 AM
Whilst the Pendraken logo on the signs for the demo games was a good idea, it looked a tad discreet (so discreet could some people have thought Pendraken only sponsored the signs?). Bottom line is, if running this next year, Leon, I urge you to blow Pendraken's trumpet more(!) and make sure your business gets more credit for such a successful and clearly enjoyable event. How you actually go about this, I leave to you. Personally, I wouldn't go as far as advertising next year's as, say, "Pendraken's Battleground" in line with the branding  of famous sporting competitions (might that lead people to believe it is solely a 10mm event? - I don''t know. Maybe not)). However, once the punters get in the door, I think you should do more to ensure the name, Pendraken Miniatures, is in their faces - so much that they leave the show with no doubt (including Williamson  :P ) about who organised and sponsored it.

I'll have a look and see what we can do next year. 

I think I've always been wary of plastering ourselves all over the event too much, as I don't want people thinking we're running it just for our own benefit.  We took over the show as MGC didn't have anyone to run it anymore, so it likely would have ended if we'd not stepped in.  We took it on so that the area had a proper show at the end of the year, as it has done for 30 years or more, so it was about keeping it going and building it up, not really an advertising vehicle for the business. 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

mollinary

Quote from: Leon on 29 November 2017, 05:24:26 PM
I'll have a look and see what we can do next year. 

I think I've always been wary of plastering ourselves all over the event too much, as I don't want people thinking we're running it just for our own benefit.  We took over the show as MGC didn't have anyone to run it anymore, so it likely would have ended if we'd not stepped in.  We took it on so that the area had a proper show at the end of the year, as it has done for 30 years or more, so it was about keeping it going and building it up, not really an advertising vehicle for the business. 

Nothing more to say  =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!