Renaissance Rules ??

Started by Dragoon, 23 November 2017, 01:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

Has anyone used Field of Glory-Renaissance (FoG-R) Rules for 10mm. Games? I've long thought of the 16th Century and the 80 years war has been considered years ago but then there were no figures and les information,
However Sydney Roundwood's article in Wargames soldiers & strategy reminded me.
One option is to play the rules as printed and add 50% more figures to the base.
The second option is to reduce the base width from 40mm to 30mm and reduce all measurements by 1/3rd.
Giving larger battles or smaller game tables.
Regards

Mike L

Sandinista

Yes, just add more figures to the bases. To me that is the whole point of 10mm.

Cheers
Ian

Duke Speedy of Leighton

For FoGR I have:
Mongol/Tibetans
Williamite Anglo-Dutch
Poles
Samurai
And all in 10mm, just bung a few morwfigires per base.
Heavy foot =10, medium foot =6-8, skirmishers =4
Heavy cav = 4or 5, light horse = 3
But most importantly, remember the rule of cool! What looks good.
Rules work great.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

T13A

Hi Dragoon

Another thumbs up for the above. I play FoGR (ECW) using 15mm figures, if I was starting again I would do exactly what Sandinista and Mad Lemmey are suggesting.

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

Leman

I've played 10mm FoGR ECW and am building FoGR Italian Wars armies in 10mm.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Did I mention I also have Henrician English too!  :-[
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Westmarcher

If you decided to go for smaller bases, reducing the base width from 40mm to 30mm means you only have to reduce ranges & movement rates etc., by a quarter and not a 1/3rd (coz your base is now 3/4 the width of what it was before).  :-B

However, from someone who wargames a different era using 10mm figures on 15mm scale bases and measurements (i.e., moi), I recommend you do what everyone else is saying and just cram more figures on the standard base.  :)

@ FK: "Yes, it does" what?  :-\
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leman

Agree with the above. I also use 6mm Ancients on 15mm bases for Impetus, i.e. 80mm width.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!