Hanoverian Army of the SYW

Started by Derbo, 11 November 2010, 06:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derbo

Hi there,

over the next months I´ll be painting a little Hanoverian Army for Might&Reason.
I´ve seen many nice minis from the SYW on this forum, so I´d like to get some feedback from the 10mm-veterans on my first testmodels before I start painting in the grand manner.

And here they are:

Please let me know what you think of them.

p.s.: If my English seems a bit odd or crooked please be forbearing with me...I`m german :)
2011 Painting Comp - Winner!

sebastosfig

well, I fing them... really amazing!  :o
I started painting 10mm with the same minis and the result was, by far, not so good. I think you can launch your painting program :)

cudders

Steve J

Very, very good. I'd carry on as you are and you can't go far wrong. They should look lovely when finished 8).

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

mollinary

That is a great look, clean, precise, and bright. The latter is (at least in my opinion) a really important factor in 10mm painting. With so little surface area to cover a strictly accurate colour can look very dark, and from even a few inches away all your best efforts fade into a grey murk.  Yours look brilliant, and I would start that painting programme soonest, while the enthusiam lasts!

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Grenadier

Derbo, very nice indeed. How will you base them, and for what rules? My first love was SYW using Mikes Models 15's and Koenig Krieg rules back in 1981.  I really need to get back to it. Hmmm, maybe some Saxons!
Grenadier

Derbo

Thank you al for the nice comments.
I´ll let the painting commence and, hopefully, present some progress to you.

@Grenadier: I´m planning to put them in two rows of six on a 50mmx25mm base. Ruleset will bei Might&Reason.

nikharwood

Absolutely fantastic -  great job on the yellow too  8)

Grenadier

Derbo, 
Remind me, does Might & Reason use two bases for a unit representing a brigade or a battalion? I'm currently weeding through all available SYW rulesets to find one I like.  I want individual battalions and NO figure removal from casualties, such as Ga Pa or Polemos(which has a SYW ruleset in the works)

Grenadier

Derbo

Might&Reason uses two bases to represent a brigade and is not using casualty removal.