Progress in 2017 and plans for 2018

Started by Leon, 22 December 2017, 12:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

10mm

WW2 Belgians for BKC started and finished ( may get a couple more trucks or artillery Pieces)
WW2 Western Desert - Completed. Italians , 8Th Army and DAK.
WW2 Early War Germans nearly finished - added some 30 vehicles and 60 infantry
WSS British army - Have a reasonable force assembled   Cavalry still needs some more regiments thanks to the Turbill Miniatures debacle

28mm
Added another dozen or so Orcs to my collection.
Painted a Colonial British Sudan army for "The Men Who Would Be Kings" with half strength units
Half a dozen or so Fantasy Characters finished as well

20mm
Added some excellent painted buildings to my NE Europe collection (Expensive but very nice)

Gaming

Got in lots of whole days gaming thanks to the hospitality of Albie Bach and Sunjester. Stepdaughter has moved out and I will be annexing her bedroom to reciprocate in 2018.
Due to work only made one show - Abingdon
Bought lots of shiny stuff.

Home

Married eldest daughter off -  Have told Son-in-law that I do not operate a returns policy. 1 down 4 to go
Have done some serious amounts of decorating - Mrs Orcs has said none to be done next year  :-bd :-bd

Plans for 2018

Finish WSS British
Paint 28mm Sudaneese opponents for the British
Start on 10mmm ACW project
Start 15mm 100 days Napoleonic Armies. ( I have AB figures from 1988, so only 20 years from purchase to painting table)
Think about opponents for 15mm Late Hebrew Army now I have a set of ancient rules Both I and potential opponents like 

Lots of whole day games and whole days painting thanks to Decorating hiatus imposed by Mrs Orcs.  I already have permission for one whole days gaming and one whole days figure painting per week from Mrs Orcs. (She is definitely a keeper) :x

Visit Lots of people I know ( If you know me you have been warned)  to catch up and hopefully game.

Sort out and rationalise wargames collection

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Poggle

I didn't get much done because real life got in the way, but at least I made a good start on building my 10mm ECW and 15mm Dux B. collections.  :)

At the moment everything has been in storage for the last nine weeks due to the House Move from Hell.  :(

Womble67

23 December 2017, 07:13:39 PM #17 Last Edit: 23 December 2017, 07:15:41 PM by Womble67
Hi

Ok plans for 2018 are mainly to finish off projects I have already started so without further ado

Complete both early and late War German armies

More scenery for Stalingrad

My very good friend from the club Malcolm is going to help me Build Mamayev Kurgan

That's just a few things we have planned let's see how I stick to it this year

Take

Andy

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Quote from: Poggle on 23 December 2017, 03:07:47 PM
I didn't get much done because real life got in the way, but at least I made a good start on building my 10mm ECW and 15mm Dux B. collections.  :)

At the moment everything has been in storage for the last nine weeks due to the House Move from Hell.  :(

:(
I hope the house move gets sorted
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

sunjester

10mm
Started on WSS Confederate army for the campaign in Catalonia (funny how life imitates art), Catalan contingent finished.
Added zouave units and more cavalry to ACW armies

28mm
Completed 1920s Pulp forces for border clashes between USA/Canada/Bootleggers
Added to (perhaps completed) 17th Century Polish army
Re-based Mongol army I picked up as a show bargain last year
Loads of odds and ends painted for Colonial Africa to use with The Men Who Would Be Kings (mainly expanding existing skirmish collection to small units)
Got underway with a TMWWBK league at the club (round one almost completed)
Got loads of old medieval/tudor buildings/civilains/terrain down from loft, now repaired and re-based for Border Reiver games with En Garde
Finished (! :^o) Saracen army

A good year for gaming and getting old collections on the table with new rules.

10mm
Finish Dutch, Imperialist and Palatine contingents for WSS Catalonia campaign.
Add more dismounted cavalry to ACW armies.

28mm
Finish terrain for 1920s Pulp game (due to be the club demo at Abingdon and Bourne End shows).
Finish native army for TMWWBK
???? see what else comes up

Duke Speedy of Leighton

24 December 2017, 04:19:37 PM #20 Last Edit: 24 December 2017, 04:23:37 PM by mad lemmey
Proper answer now:
2999 figures finished, with 25 more that will be done in about an hour.
10mm
Goblins finished for Warband
Undead finished for Warband
Picts & Saxons Army for MeG
Blotz fences
Falklands British support weapons
Spanish Renaissance Army for Graham
Italian Renaissance Army for Graham
French Renaissance Army for Graham
Mid Republican Roman Army for MeG
Dwarf army for Warband
Dragonmen Army for Warband
Taurian Army for Warband
Modern British tanks x 5
Samurai Camp and Arquibusiers
Sea People’s Army for Graham
Dark Elf Army for Warband
4 units of Catalans for Sunjester
Hitties Army for Graham
Modern Soviet’s Infantry and Tanks

15mm:
Moldavian/Wallachian/Transylvanians for Clive/Pete (two armies worth)!
Indomitable Gaul Commnaders and Camp
Roman Cavalry for Alasdair

28mm
12 Mounted French Knights for Steve

Other stuff:
6 Wooden Spoons for Campaign
TIE fighters related ships for Star Wars Armada
French Aeronef Fleet
Roman Ancients fleet
Carthaginian Ancients Fleet (to be finished tonight)

Future projects:
10mm Sassanid Persians
Ancients terrain for Graham
Modern British Tanks and APCs from Timecast

And who knows what else!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Plans: overwhelmingly the Mexican project, of course. Also want to reinforce my Gauls, Landsknechts, Swiss, Dixies, Yankees, Byzantines, and maybe a few more WWI aircraft.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

DFlynSqrl

25 December 2017, 04:29:27 AM #22 Last Edit: 25 December 2017, 04:31:47 AM by DFlynSqrl
10mm
-- Warband Dwarf Army done!
-- Warband Undead Army done!
-- WSS - Ordered some units to see how they look [loved 'em!] -> considered  rules -> pondered basing -> considered rules -> pondered basing -> considered rules -> pondered basing (Imagine a terrier spinning in circles chasing it's tail)

28mm
-- Frog Army for Dragon Rampant ... painted what I had, but still need more...
-- Infinity - painted a bunch of Nomads and Aleph troops
-- Napoleonic - stalled

Plans 2018
28mm - make progress in the projects above
10mm - add another Warband Army....or two...
10mm - WSS - make a decision on basing and get some troops painted!

slugbalancer

A unit of KAR finished, just the Gold Coast regiment to do for The Sword In East Africa varient of TSATF.
Might then get some more Mahdists for the Sudan campaign and to fight for the Mad Mullah in Somalia

Leman

As many are aware fantasy does not float my boat so to construct such a list as this would be fairly pointless.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!