War of Northern Aggression campaign has begun.

Started by FierceKitty, 19 November 2017, 07:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

...and those dam' Yankees are invading already, sir. Our brave lads have marched out to engage them in a scorching summer, and we've met in the neighbourhood of Gettysburg. Pictures to follow.

Balloons not complete yet, but not needed this time.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

Dam' Yankees have crippled the Virginia with the first shots of the campaign. So much for my naval support next to the New Jordan river. :(

holdfast

If the Yankees are invading and the battle is around Gettysburg then you/they ought to spend less time painting the little chaps and more time looking at maps.

d_Guy

Technically only New Englanders are Yankees, so possibly... :-\

Of course this is Kitty, who has a penchant for the Wild West. He could be speaking of Gettysburg, SD* and the Northern invaders are from ND (and are possibly even mis-identified Canadians).

* yes I know it didn't exist in 186x but I've found giving the truth scope adds to wargame storytelling
Sleep with clean hands ...

FierceKitty

We'd moved into the Gettysburg area already. They were invading our new territory, with regrettable efficiency. I've had to surrender unconditionally already.

d_Guy

All’s well that ends well.
(now for the carpetbaggers).

Will there still be pictures?
Sleep with clean hands ...

FierceKitty

Here we go. Just needed a bit of format work, which is Lee's department (the wife, not the southern general). Models Pendraken, Newlines, Red Eagle, Leven.

Note I did emphasise it was a hot, dry year.

FierceKitty

The camps. Note surprise visit by Mrs Mary Lincoln, her husband, and their friend Mr Booth.

FierceKitty

20 November 2017, 08:56:13 AM #8 Last Edit: 20 November 2017, 09:02:15 AM by FierceKitty
Ridiculous preponderance of cavalry actions. Even worse, the northerners kept getting the jump on me in movement order and attacking me before I was deployed.

Heavily outnumbered on the right flank, I had my one brief moment of glory and wiped out the Iron Brigade.

FierceKitty

For a change, I was ready this time. Below, Choctaws wondering if they've backed the wrong horse in um white man punch up.

FierceKitty

20 November 2017, 10:16:33 AM #10 Last Edit: 20 November 2017, 11:37:19 AM by FierceKitty
No dam' Yankees are going to be bagging carpets in Richmond! All they'll be capturing is a pile of cinders. Any objections? Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Techno

FierceKitty

20 November 2017, 11:36:24 AM #12 Last Edit: 20 November 2017, 11:39:23 AM by FierceKitty
You're such a generous chap!

Be it recorded that I still intend to have fields of maize, snake fences, and the like.

FierceKitty

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Balloon looks good, see you got the net right.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021