Little Luftwaffe

Started by SV52, 17 November 2017, 03:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SV52

1/200 Ju 88 and 1/144 Ju 87 kits from Zvezda:

"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

d_Guy

Great looking models, SV! The Stuka was the first airplane model I put together in the late 1950's (Revell, Monogram, Airfix - can't remember).
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Techno

Roy

:-bd

Cool.

Yeah, a Stuka was one of the first Airfix models I ever constructed - and painted! Most never got round to seeing paint  :(
Rimmer: "Aliens."

Lister: "Oh God, aliens... Your explanation for anything slightly peculiar is aliens, isn't it?

Rimmer: "Well, we didn't use it all, Lister. Who did?"

Lister: "Rimmer, aliens used our bog roll?"

Steve J

Great work! I've always loved the Stuka, possibly because I used to have a die cast model that could drop a bomb, with the added bonus of having the ability to put a cap in it to make it go bang. Many happy memories of dive bombing stuff, but invariably missing.

petercooman

Good job!

I like that zvezda stuka. I have one and it's a great kit.

Shame zvezda decided to make those airplane kits in different scales. That's one thing that put me off from buying their art of tactics game. Troops in 1/72, tanks in 1/100 and planes in 1/144 and 1/200. Really annoying for me to have different scales in the same game.

It bugged me in memoir as well!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

SV52

Many thanks for the feedback comrades  :)

Ended up with two Stukas, the other one's supporting 1/72 DAK troops.  These two are for use with a 10mm Armoured Division 1940. 

The two projects I set myself had a series of small forces in 1/72 and a series of larger forces in 10mm.  Both had to have air support so the knotty problem of scale inevitably cropped up.  Some of the 1/72s have 1/72 aircraft which are big fragile models, so anything bigger than a single engne fighter was out of the question.  Just not a practical size for my use as I'm not after model aircraft per se.  1/44 is ideal for my purposes, looks not bad with 1/72 and fits well with 10mm.  It certainly makes the larger aircraft a practical possibility for me. 

What I'm after is a Bf 110 in 1/144 or 1/200 at a sensible price (come on Zvezda!).
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

petercooman

Flames of war has them in 1/144.

There's a painted one on ebay. I'll pm you the link.