First look at the Aztec sculpts!

Started by Leon, 16 November 2017, 01:10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

16 November 2017, 01:10:32 AM Last Edit: 03 March 2018, 09:50:25 PM by Leon
Phil's been quietly working away on this project for some time now, adding a sculpt here and there as he's been working on other things for us.  But the good news is that they're all done now and we've got them here at Pendraken HQ!  One person who will be rather excited by this (and is largely responsible for these becoming a reality) is Fierce Kitty, so we hope he likes them!  We'd like to thank him for all of his time and effort helping us out with this range as well, chatting with Phil about the design side and then with me to put the range lists together.  This lot will be getting master moulded in the next few weeks and should be ready for release early in the New Year.

Command

Jaguar warriors/Tzitzimitl

Eagle warriors

Quachic fanatic veterans

Tequihuah veterans

Huaxtec warriors/Priests

Commoners

Commoners with bow/slings

Commoners with baggage

Chief of Men

Tzilacatzin, Warrior champion

Mixed standards

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

d_Guy

Thank you!

Simply beautiful sculpts, Techno. Bravo!
And Kitty, what can I say...!

And I'm sorry about starting the sentence with "And" (twice) and ending with ellipsis and exclamation point, FK, simply carried away in the moment.

These shall be my last hurrah!
(Although the Mutiny looks pretty good too.)
Sleep with clean hands ...

FierceKitty

Got something to look forward to next year. :):):):):):):):)
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ace of Spades

Wonderful figures! Not my period but beautifully done...

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Those are wonderful 8). Not my period at all, but could be used for Fantasy games etc in the future. Heresy I know, but...

Ace of Spades

Quote from: Steve J on 16 November 2017, 07:03:52 AM
Those are wonderful 8). Not my period at all, but could be used for Fantasy games etc in the future. Heresy I know, but...
Now THAT is exactly what I thought (but didn't dare to write...)! ;)

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Quote from: Leon on 16 November 2017, 01:10:32 AM

Tequihuah veterans

So, how many bottles do you have to empty before you become a tequila veteran? I could be one!

sorry couldn't resist.

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Should stop the cat from mewing piteously   finally !
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Thanks, all !

Dave's just going to have SO much fun picking some of the teeny weeny bits of detail out of the moulds, when these get squished in the rubber.  X_X

Cheers - Phil.

fred.

Some very fancy figures!!!

Could  be tempted with some of these. Even if they end up fighting Lizardmen!

One little comment - the slinger figure looks a little static. Not really like he's putting his back into the throw.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Techno

Think you're right Forbes.

Perhaps should have used the 'chucking a grenade/spear' dolly. :-\
If memory serves me correctly, (HAH !) the line drawing of the slinger wasn't particularly animated, and I was simply in 'copying mode'.

Cheers - Phil

Ithoriel

Worryingly good sculpts! I really, really don't need another period at the moment!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data